• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Saint Seiya Omega Kakusei Box Lists Episode 97 as Last One

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perroloco

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Mmm.. I don't think Toei is gonna end Omega, I mean not with the Saint Seiya movie coming in 2014.. Maybe they plan to do Next Dimension Very Happy
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
B-b-but why?! I [expletive] love Omega, even if it's stupid beyond imagination. The latest episode was brilliant and there are a lot of unfinished business for it to end in a mere 12 episode cour. You don't seriously expect me to believe that spoiler[the great battle of Athena vs Pallas, Kouga and all of his gang attaining Omega, the Athena Exclamation by Kiki-Shiryu-Fudo, the reveal of Chronos's plan and Subaru's not so secret identity] are going to fit in 12 episodes?

At least bring Ikki back, goddamnit.
navycherub

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
The article lists the reason I don't think this is the last episode of the whole show, just the arc.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
I think it could be either (end of the series/end of the arc, obviously hoping for the latter), which still doesn't detract from the impossibility of churning in everything that's supposed to happen in the remaining of this arc in just one cour
Sergorn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
It could go either way really.

Ending the Kakusei Arc makes at 97 was predictable, whatever comes after on TV Asashi will start on April 6th. It's less episodes than the first season but that's the only because the season was plagued by interuptions because of sport events over the course of the year

Doesn't necesasrilly means Omega is ending though - as a a matter of fact neither TOEI or TV Asashi has annouced any series that would take Omega's place as of yet (some people this might be the Avengers anime or Majin Bone but they are on different channels).

Last year the second "season" was annouced at the end of February, so whatever comes after the Omega Kakusei Arc will probably annouced then too.

I think it would make sens for TOEI to Keep Omega on air really : Bandai has only just begun releasing Saint Cloth Myth of Omega, so it'd make sense to have the series on air while they adverise them. This would also be a good way to advertize the Legend of Sanctuary movie on TV.

Or perhaps TOEI will go the Precure way with Saint Seiya, and annouce a new Saint Seiya series unrelated to Omega.

We'll know soon enough, but as of now this could go either way.

-Sergorn
sainta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:33 am Reply with quote
If it doesn't end I hope the pandering at least does cos this season has been about making the classic Saints look cooler than in Kurumada's dreams
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, kill it. The Pallas arc is about as interesting as the stair climbing arc, by which I mean it's dreadfully boring. Should've ended last spring even. There's something fundamentally wrong with your kids show if Nagamine and Narita can't save it. All they could do was add tons of fanservice.

And then they left to work on Happiness Charge.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1