• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hikaru Midorikawa Puts Blog on Hiatus Due to Fan Harassment

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
What the hell even. Just because they had the same accessory? This is like some Twilight fan crap going on here. I feel really bad for Midorikawa, and I hope he and his family can get past this quickly.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Poor Midorikawa-san. I feel really bad for him. Jeez, so what if some girl wore the same accessory as him? Are you serious? AN ACCESSORY?

I hope this doesn't affect Midorikawa-san's prospects of getting work as I love his voice so much. Really, sometimes what some fans can do. It disgusts me.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Wow what a bunch of jerks! That is some crazy speculation. He also does many other known voices like Lancer from Fate/Zero and Kyousuke from Little Busters. Don't harass Brosuke!
Primus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
As I read the article I thought the harassment was going to come from fans teasing him about wearing women's clothing, but instead it was a much more bizarre conclusion.
_V_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
This is why we can't have nice things.
sunflower

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:27 pm Reply with quote
When I've seen scenes of fan girls harassing people over stupid crap in anime or manga I always thought the writers were blowing things out of proportion to be melodramatic. This is insane, and I really feel for the guy.
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
poor man, I didn't know he was married though.
Gasero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote
This is a high level of sad. All it takes for fans to chastise the man about his relationship is for someone to wear the same clothing?

I would have a tough time trying to address people who would believe such a thing too.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
but what I don't get is how those crazy fans could end up with such a stupid assumption, I mean, geez, maybe that girl is also a big fan and wanted to wear the same accessories because, you know, she maybe admires him this much and maybe, just maybe, hoped to get noticed by her idol(?) but lol, never though for something like that you could get tagged as a lover or even worse (can't even imagine the reaction of the poor girl if she wasn't even a fan of him)

I just hope the girl is okay and it's sad for Midorikawa too :/
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
One of the most underrated actors in Japan IMO. Really sad to see he was hurt so much by this. His performance in LBs (Game first) was so powerful and was a huge part of why the game had such a strong impact on me. I hope he gets through this issue fine
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Wow . . . just wow!
The fans's reactions are utterly ridiculous. My sympathies are with Midorikawa and the woman in question.
Pangea

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
The world is ending
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Really? Accusing Midorikawa of cheating on his wife just because some woman's got the same accessory as him? What if it were a guy with that same accessory? Does that mean Midorikawa's suddenly gay or bi, too? Stop reading so much into things, people!

This reminds me of a series of photos of CM Punk and A.J. Lee together. The IWC thought they were dating just because of those photos, never mind that THERE WAS NO HUGGING, HAND-HOLDING, KISSING, OR OTHER PDAS IN ANY OF THE PHOTOS. Paul Heyman was with them in some of these photos; does that mean Punk's dating him, too? The only difference is that there wasn't any fan harassment in this case. Meanwhile, a Japanese anime voice actor is photographed with a woman wearing the same accessory as him and the Internet Anime Community goes nuts.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Now, now, Pangea; there's no need for the sarcasm.
midori kou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
That's really unfortunate this happened to Midorikawa, especially over something so absurd as this. As a huge fan of him and his works, I am seriously offended that people took this too far. Some people are just jerks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3