• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actor Chafurin to Replace Ichirô Nagai as Sazae-san's Father

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tenchi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Oh, I see Chafurin was the Japanese voice of Garfield (at least for Garfield and Friends).

I wonder if he tried to emulate Lorenzo Music's very specific speech patterns only in Japanese? Very hard to do an imitation of the guy, even in English. Bill Murray couldn't do it, and neither can whomever they're using for The Garfield Show.

EDIT: Found this clip of the first Garfield and Friends theme song in Japanese. Hard to judge from just the three seconds of Chafurin talking right at the end, but I'd say he was doing his own thing (which is fine) rather than emulating Lorenzo Music.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the voice of Pretty Rhythm's Santa-sensei... I'm sure he'll do a good job, though his inflections are a bit different than Nagai's. I wish him all the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1