• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Dragon Ball Z Kai Anime Series to Premiere on April 6

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
Why did it take this long? Japanese newcomers probably came into "Battle of the Gods" confused. The same thing when Nicktoons Network started airing GT.
hanko14

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:31 am Reply with quote
The people who develop dbz kai til then didn't get authority from akira toriyama and had to stop from the end of cell games. I for one was disappointed on why they didn't reanimated with using todays tech like battle of gods or ep of bardock, some ep look shit cause they take half an ep at of one and half out of the other n by animation i can tell the difference.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:37 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Why did it take this long? Japanese newcomers probably came into "Battle of the Gods" confused. The same thing when Nicktoons Network started airing GT.

I concur, 2 years is entirely too long. I'm sure nick was salivating at the mouth over when they could get their hands on more dubbed episodes of kai, I mean they were airing GT for cripes sake Rolling Eyes

Last edited by kakoishii on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Tsukento

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
hanko14 wrote:
The people who develop dbz kai til then didn't get authority from akira toriyama

Uh, no? It was because merchandise sales weren't so red hot for Dragon Ball Kai and Toei was ready to push Toriko's anime adaption.

Toriyama doesn't really give two squats about Dragon Ball anything unless he's directly involved. He had nothing to do with Kai.
Deoxy360

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
hanko14 wrote:
The people who develop dbz kai til then didn't get authority from akira toriyama and had to stop from the end of cell games.

Um, I don't think that was the case. This should explain it better;

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2014/01/30/rumor-mill-current-state-toriko-dragon-ball-kai/
FrameFreeze100

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:10 am Reply with quote
I remembered how pissed some fans were when Toriko replaced Kai and now it replaces Toriko. Sweet justice I guess?

FYI it's Kyle Hebert, poor guy still has people saying "Herbert" after all these years...
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 am Reply with quote
Well I think we know what will be replacing Space Dandy on Toonami now. The dubbers have been hard at work on this for a while after all
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well I think we know what will be replacing Space Dandy on Toonami now. The dubbers have been hard at work on this for a while after all

Well I think we know what will be replacing DBZ Kai on Toonzai now. The editors have been hard at work on blue Popo for a while after all.
Tsukento

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Except they've said plenty of times that they don't have the rights to air anything DB related because Nicktoons does.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:29 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it. If any DBZ story arc needed to be pared down, it was this one.

Kōzō Shioya's Buu barely got any lines in Battle of the Gods, so I'm anxious to hear him again (not that Buu says much to begin with).

I hope Kara Edwards returns as Videl and Goten for the English dub. Her and Kyle Hebert's teenage Gohan were two of the few performances I liked in the English version of DBZ. It'll be neat to hear Laura Bailey and Edwards as Trunks and Goten, paling around again.

Looks like Funimation will own my wallet again in the near future. I hope they make the subtitles on the Blu-Rays a little easier to see, not to mention the episode titles themselves on the menu screen.

I'm glad Toei decided to air this on television, because it was up in the air for a while.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:41 am Reply with quote
I ask FUNimation to put in Bruce Faulconer's music, it would really spice up the series that way.
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:46 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I ask FUNimation to put in Bruce Faulconer's music, it would really spice up the series that way.

Very true.

And it would annoy the heck out of penguintruth, which is good in its own way.
Psajdak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
Is there anyone else who can voice fat / chubby characters as well as marvelous Kozo Shioya?
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:03 am Reply with quote
Psajdak wrote:
Is there anyone else who can voice fat / chubby characters as well as marvelous Kozo Shioya?

Scott McNeil
Tsukento

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:

For the love of god, no.

Why, oh, why is it that people ask for this kind of thing to happen, yet complain when it would happen for any other series?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4