• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Namco Bandai Games Announces Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn for America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zatheyll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
I thought they name changed to Bandai Namco?
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Zatheyll wrote:
I thought they name changed to Bandai Namco?

The English name changeover for the overall company is scheduled to take effect on April 1 (the start of the company's fiscal year).
the-antihero

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
100 MS. Well, I hope they don't fill those slots with ugly mass-produced MS like ALL the different Zakus and Goufs and instead give us special MS like Tallgeese, Hyaku Shiki, and all the Gundams from Wing, X, AGE and the UC OVAs.

I swear, AGE-FX would be the most epic MS to use. And is it too much to ask for Leopard and EW Heavyarms, the Rambos of Gundam?

Last edited by the-antihero on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Download only, is it? I'll still pick it up.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Digital huh, well I don't mind.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:03 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Ugh, download only? I'm sick of Sony of America's bullshit. I'm completely out of space on my hd too. I guess I'll be importing a UK copy.
How is this Sony's BS? They aren't the one's putting out the game?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
There's been a few games on Vita that have received a physical version in North America despite containing just Japanese audio.

Speaking of which, once again Bandai Namco US shows their hate towards that platform.
Schaef Dogg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
Not happy about digital-only, but its not gonna stop me from buying the game.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:38 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

Sony of America won't put games without dubs on disc, unless it's Yakuza. For instance, Pirate Warriors 2 and Ken's Rage 2 got released on a ps3 disc in Europe, but since there's no dub, they're digital only in the US. Additionally, if games without a dub are released on both ps3 AND 360, the 360 version will get a disc release, while the ps3 version won't.

BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

BS alert.

Vic Ireland has already gotten an Okay from Sony for Class of Heroes 2G on the ps3, it not only has no dub, but won't have any voice acting at all. So don't put this on Sony.

Also what is the deal, first it was Bandai/Namco two separate companies, then the joined and became Bandai Namco games, and now they are back to Bandai? One Piece Dawn on the DS just has Bandai, Xillia has just Namco, but Ni No Kuni and Abyss have bandai Namco.

First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 am Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

BS alert.

First off, a game not having any voice acting isn't the same as it having all of its voices in Japanese. I almost can't believe you'd even use that argument. Secondly, since you don't believe me: http://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml

Actually it is a fair comparison, as apparently Sony normally doesn't allow any release, let alone physical of a game without any dialogue. But in this case he put in a request, and they agreed. Not like they would have anything to lose. Plus it also doesn't really make sense as they allow dual audio games, so the only reason to bar a digital only release (reverse importation) does not come into play.

A company can have a policy in place, but allow exceptions to it.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
AsherFischell wrote:

BS alert.

Actually it is a fair comparison, as apparently Sony normally doesn't allow any release, let alone physical of a game without any dialogue. But in this case he put in a request, and they agreed. Not like they would have anything to lose. Plus it also doesn't really make sense as they allow dual audio games, so the only reason to bar a digital only release (reverse importation) does not come into play.

A company can have a policy in place, but allow exceptions to it.

I'd regard saying, "BS Alert" as an indication that you weren't familiar with said policy. Also, it isn't a fair comparison, as practically no games are released on disc for non hand-held consoles nowadays that have literally no voice-acting. Also, I am unable to find any mention of a policy that states that games with no voice-acting or dialogue can't get a disc release. I'd be interested in seeing a link if you have one to share, though.

The fact remains, though. Sony of America has intentionally and repeatedly refused to release retail copies of games that are in Japanese, yet have no dubs. Ken's Rage 2 and Warriors Orochi 3 got disc releases in North America on the 360 and on both the 360 and ps3 in Europe, yet Sony declined to give them disc releases in NA. While I agree that this policy doesn't make any sense (especially given the aforementioned exceptions, including Yakuza 3, 4 and Dark Souls) it still hasn't stopped them from adhering to it. I don't know why they do it, it doesn't make any sense for them to do it and I sincerely wish that they would stop doing it.
paperfanofdoom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
They should've just brought over Extreme Vs. Full Boost without the copyrighted songs instead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2