• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Unstoppable Thelma & Louise Duos

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:41 pm Reply with quote
How did I know the Danganronpa character was going to win the poll...? Rolling Eyes

Ordinarily, I'd have preferred if Kei and Yuki or Rally and Minnie-May were at the top of the list, but all things considered, Revy and Eda are the pair most likely to drive into the Grand Canyon in a convertible because "F*** da police!". Knowing Mako, she'd want to chase after them.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
How did I know the Danganronpa character was going to win the poll...? Rolling Eyes

Ordinarily, I'd have preferred if Kei and Yuki or Rally and Minnie-May were at the top of the list, but all things considered, Revy and Eda are the pair most likely to drive into the Grand Canyon in a convertible because "F*** da police!". Knowing Mako, she'd want to chase after them.

I dunno, wouldn't Kei & Yuri be a little too boy-crazy for their off-hours dates to be considered a "Thelma & Louise duo"??
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:18 pm Reply with quote
My favourite paring is Najica and Lila from Najica Blitz Tactics - they manage to take down anyone in their way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
That is a nice list. It makes me really want to watch some of those shows again.

My favorite dynamic duo that is not on the list is Eclair and Lumier in Kiddy Grade
I am also very fond of Morgan and Octavia in Tears To Tiara, but they are not main characters, and they do not really fit the profile. I just like to mention them whenever I get a chance.Smile

I cannot vote in the mohawk poll because I do not know any of those characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:37 pm Reply with quote
So someone remembers Noir, that's good. When I saw the list, I expected them to be in and they were.

As for this week, I choose that red hair guy from Kill la Kill, probably the only one I know. So this week mohawk, next week, make a pompadour poll Smile
Macron One

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
The absence of Nichijou's Nakanojo-kun in the mohawk poll seems like a major oversight to me, as he's the only anime character i know of that has a fully natural mohawk. His hairstyle has a decent number of gags that focus on it too, which makes it even more odd that he's not included here, especially as many of the poll's other characters really only sport a mohawk to match their punk/thug persona.
Key

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:08 pm Reply with quote
While I might quibble about the exact order, these are all excellent choices, and I do agree that the top duo is the one most likely to have a Thelma and Louise ending. I also agree that Eclair and Lumiere (although they're not the ones from their series which actually do have a T&L ending) and Morgan and Octavia would probably be the most worthy #8 and #9 picks.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
No complaints with the list, but I was surprised to see Milly and Meryl missing. They'd drive off a cliff too, though not as a "F*** da police!" move. Smile

I'm not sure "grounded" is a word I'd ever attach to Mako, although I suppose it is accurate compared to everyone around her.

I really like this column - always look forward to it!
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Chū from YuYu Hakusho didn't get in on the mohawk list. His mohawk is epic.

Well at least Tiger Mask scored third on the previous wrestling poll, but I'm pretty sure he could topple Zangief. Just my opinion.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Before anyone else says it, honorable mention for Michiko and Hatchin!
khthibault

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Disappointed by the lack of Nadie and Ellis.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Surprised that Ryuko and Mako made this list. Well, the only time I can think of Mako having her Louise moment was during the whole race to the school deal. She took to the truck turrets like a " champ".
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Surprised that Ryuko and Mako made this list. Well, the only time I can think of Mako having her Louise moment was during the whole race to the school deal. She took to the truck turrets like a " champ".
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Very cool list. I like everyone on it too.

Agreed, I also thought of Eclair and Lumiere.

khthibault wrote:
Disappointed by the lack of Nadie and Ellis.

I liked them too.

Chrno2 wrote:

Haha, that she did lol.
unready

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
3. Kirika and Mirielle

That would be "Kirika and Mireille." Yeah, the ADV dub mispronounces Mireille's name, but they spell it correctly in the subs and credits.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2