• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Bryce Papenbrook

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
Great interview.

Speaking of Attack on Titan, here's a crossover video someone made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Ix5tdzXa0
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
This was a very interesting interview you did with Bryce. I was surprised he was a fan of this show even before the show got licensed and dubbed in the US. So I guess his love and passion for the show played a role to wanting to take a dubbing role for this show. The man got my respect. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
I think the VA have it wrong on one comment. For one thing Eren would win hands down if it was a battle with him and Kirito. All he would have to do is use his titan and he would squash him flatter than a pancake.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
He seems like a really cool guy. Be interesting to hear him in the dub.

jr0904 wrote:
I think the VA have it wrong on one comment. For one thing Eren would win hands down if it was a battle with him and Kirito. All he would have to do is use his titan and he would squash him flatter than a pancake.

He specifies that Kirito would win in a video game, where he has a distinct advantage, but Eren would win in real life.
BooktapC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
I loved the interview. I am pretty happy to know Bryce Papenbrook is going to voice Eren. He has such a beautiful voice and interested to see how he developed it for Eren's character.

It is nice to hear that he was actually a fan of Attack on Titan even before the series became so popular.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:04 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:

jr0904 wrote:

He specifies that Kirito would win in a video game, where he has a distinct advantage, but Eren would win in real life.

of course but also in the VR world too. especially if he's at the same level during the aincrad arc. but the fairy dance / ALO arc is another story.

here me out. he's at the same level in the Aincrad arc, Eren goes titan mode, and would school him all the way into next week.

though if he was at the level during the ALO arc then yea, kirito would easily beat eren cause he would use his spriggian magic to match him giant for giant. and outlast him cause the titan mode would make eren eventually go out of control. Am i wrong?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
RestlessOne wrote:
jkphantom

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
He's buddies with Dante Basco? That's pretty awesome! Anime smile
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
jkphantom wrote:

I know right? That's pretty sweet. Bryce has been kicking some serious ass with these voice roles lately.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
jkphantom wrote:

Yeah, that was a neat bit of info Smile

Can't wait to hear the full dub.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
This interview was well done! :3
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to finally watch Attack on Titan. I only watch the Dubs, so there you have it.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
LOL Laughing It's like it hurt just reading the interview. Even I'm coughing and itching in the neck. I hope Papenbrook did a good job.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
I liked this interview! Seems like a fun one. It's interesting to hear from someone who actually saw the show before working on it. Usually in those DVD extras or at panels, people always say they are (understandably) too busy to watch the shows they're in. I'm morbidly curious what those "disgusting noises" and voice-cracking screams sound like. Anime hyper But it sounds like he has a lot of passion for the series, which is always a good sign. And that Cosplay Ball sounds like a blast!
Agent355

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Take care of your voice, Bryce! You don't want to get vocal polyps or laryngitis because you strained your voice too hard.

The clips Funimation made available sound good. I hope the dub gets a Toonami run. That would make three for three on Toonami anime with Papenbrook leads, adding to SAO & Blue Exorcist.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2