• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Australia's Madman Ent. Will Not Stream Knights of Sidonia

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
Damn Netflix! What is up with their obsession with "binge watching" anyway? Newsflash: we want the series *as it airs*. It's all fine and good that your giving it a dub, but either simul-dub the show, or save it as a perk for later.

And yes, I'm blaming Netflix for this--if they hadn't gotten the show, we might've had legal, nearly worldwide streaming.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
They say that their metrics show binge watching really is a thing. Why that should translate into not simulcasting something is beyond me, but I'm pretty sure Netflixers are used to it by now.
Petrea Mitchell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
I wonder what their metrics say about fighting the new Sailor Moon adaptation for publicity.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
They say that their metrics show binge watching really is a thing. Why that should translate into not simulcasting something is beyond me, but I'm pretty sure Netflixers are used to it by now.

It's not like Netflix haven't simulcast stuff before either, having done so with the final season of Breaking Bad in the UK and Ireland.
WeirDiE_InC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:58 pm Reply with quote
sniper_samurai wrote:
It's not like Netflix haven't simulcast stuff before either, having done so with the final season of Breaking Bad in the UK and Ireland.

Wasn't that only because they were no other broadcasters for Breaking Bad in the UK?

Anyways, I have a feeling that Netflix will be promoting the crap out of this leading up to its release; otherwise, why pick it up?
sniper_samurai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
WeirDiE_InC wrote:
sniper_samurai wrote:

Wasn't that only because they were no other broadcasters for Breaking Bad in the UK?

Anyways, I have a feeling that Netflix will be promoting the crap out of this leading up to its release; otherwise, why pick it up?

Yes, but for the season before Netflix only put it up after the end of the Season. They also simulcast The Killing which they co-produced with AMC.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Petrea Mitchell wrote:
I wonder what their metrics say about fighting the new Sailor Moon adaptation for publicity.

Huh? What's this about?

So, it's not that they don't know *how* to simulcast, it's that they don't think anime is worth simulcasting.
partially

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Well they don't think it is worth simulcasting without a dub at least.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1