• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Soul Calibur: Lost Swords Game's English Launch, Taki Trailers Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shory

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 am Reply with quote
Looks like a Free to Play 'Super Street Fighter'-version of Soul Calibur V. Not much of a difference except skins and probably balancing. But you don't hear me complain about a free to play game.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote
Ivy, Taki, and Sophitia are all looking pretty good, despite the fact that, chronologically, they're all supposed to be in their late 40s. Neutral
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
it's a free to play, reuse assets thing so i did not expect new character models.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Ivy, Taki, and Sophitia are all looking pretty good, despite the fact that, chronologically, they're all supposed to be in their late 40s. Neutral

Really? Well I am not that familair with the series enough to know the its timeline so I would take your word for it. Although it is possible for people of that age to appear younger. It's base on how well one takes of their body (which in the case of the Soul Characters I would say they have done just that) and genes I think.

Anyway since I have PS3 and its free to play I am so going to get this game when I get around to it. It's been a long time since I played a Soul game (the last time, and only time, was Soul Calibur II). I wonder if Talim is going to be in the game as well. She's my favorite. ^ ^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
ss4chris

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
ChrisKris

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
W00T Taki <3

Must play it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
joelgundam00

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
ss4chris wrote:

Just download the game and play it. This will log you in and you get the bonus content. Simple as that!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Aquasakura wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Really? Well I am not that familair with the series enough to know the its timeline so I would take your word for it. Although it is possible for people of that age to appear younger. It's base on how well one takes of their body (which in the case of the Soul Characters I would say they have done just that) and genes I think.

Well actually, I think this game in particular might not be set chronologically. In Soul Calibur V, spoiler[Sophitia is apparently dead, Taki has retired and has been replaced by a younger ninja, and Ivy has conveniently "stopped aging".]
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
Darn. I'm a 360 player so I'm going to miss out on this one. Although seeing how it's a PS3 exclusive and they're not even trying to port it to PS4, makes me think that somehow this game is really a test game. Perhaps we might be seeing SC6 down the road next year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:

Well actually, I think this game in particular might not be set chronologically. In Soul Calibur V, spoiler[Sophitia is apparently dead, Taki has retired and has been replaced by a younger ninja, and Ivy has conveniently "stopped aging".]

I haven't played Soul Calibur V so I didn't bother looking at the spoiler, but I understand where you are coming from. In fact I was kind of having that suspicion that this game might not be set chronologically but didn't pay attention to the thought.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1