• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II Promo Video Previews New Eir Aoi Song

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
Sinon spotted in PV.

Looks like Eir Aoi will be doing theme songs again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
Even if it was a split second, that animation sent chills through my skin!
xikara

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:53 am Reply with quote
A-1 Pictures, Yuki Kajiura, Miyuki Sawashiro. Gotta watch.

Not expecting anything from the plot but 1st season was so bad it's hard to believe this one might be worse.

Summer can't come soon enough.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
xikara wrote:
Not expecting anything from the plot but 1st season was so bad it's hard to believe this one might be worse.

I think this is probably the best arc (though I think the 7th book is the best). Fairy dance was just bad (books 3 and 4, second half of S1). The original SAO arc suffered from him trying to cram it into a certain length for a competition and then how the anime had to be done to include the second novel of short stories that take place during SAO really messed with the pacing and made it feel like a lot of filler.
traveling

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Does this have any connections to the first season? I still haven't watch it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
xikara wrote:

I think this is probably the best arc (though I think the 7th book is the best). Fairy dance was just bad (books 3 and 4, second half of S1). The original SAO arc suffered from him trying to cram it into a certain length for a competition and then how the anime had to be done to include the second novel of short stories that take place during SAO really messed with the pacing and made it feel like a lot of filler.

i dont think fairy dance was bad at all. sure there was some minor flaws and all,but not so much to call it a bad arc. the only thing i didn't like about it was that the arc's villain was inferior to Kayaba.

everything else was ok with me especially the possibility of the two siblings as a couple (though i have a feeling that is the real reason why more of the die hard SAO fans didn't like it ). At least be glad that they didn't killed of Asuna in the end of fairy dance,otherwise that would have pissed them off a whole lot more.

though i would be more poed if they allowed sinon to fall for that clueless idiot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:42 pm Reply with quote
SAO S1's main problems: Pacing, Deus ex Machina conclusions, poor depiction of relationship and character development (this goes back to pacing), too many things happening off screen, too many concepts introduced then tossed out, gary stu, demotion of strong female lead to kirito's obedient wench, harem, time skips, too many still shots during fights, lack of training scenes for main character (we're just expected to accept the fact that he gets strong abilities and good gear)

What they should've done: Keep episode 1 focused on first day; have it narrated by Kirito in past tense. Time skip to 74th floor. Have any side stories as flashbacks. Actually involve some of the supporting cast in the plot, even if it means deviating from the source material.

Positive aspects of SAO S1: opening themes, backgrounds, doesn't have a true harem ending, spoiler[Sugu's sugus]

LN's are slightly better for various reasons.
Hopefully GGO won't disappoint me.
midori kou

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Does this have any connections to the first season? I still haven't watch it.

spoiler[It only is connected to the first story arc, Aincrad. However the related events weren't really covered entirely and are introduced exclusively through this arc, Phantom Bullet. So you don't have to watch the first series to grasp the story in SAO2.]
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote
So long as this doesn't contain NTR, incest, & ~too much~ harem stuff, I'll certainly give it a fair shot.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:33 pm Reply with quote
xikara wrote:
A-1 Pictures, Yuki Kajiura, Miyuki Sawashiro. Gotta watch.

Summer can't come soon enough.

Yeah, you have no option, but to watch. The story won't get better. It's not about the story. This anime is about the action and fan service. It's kind of having a force that make people watch it. Even if you hate it, you still watch it.

I think SOA is the highest watch anime in youtube. Average way over 500k viewers per ep(legal ep).
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Toester_Strudel wrote:
Even if it was a split second, that animation sent chills through my skin!

Indeed. I'm very excited for this gorgeous plethora of gun-play.

Gotta say, and maybe this is just not to my tastes, but I found the song terribly forgettable. Nothing outright bad, just... nothing that stands out.
mierin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:35 am Reply with quote
How many episodes will this have? One cour, I guess?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

Gotta say, and maybe this is just not to my tastes, but I found the song terribly forgettable. Nothing outright bad, just... nothing that stands out.

Why, how many cliches can ya spot? Laughing
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
So long as this doesn't contain NTR, incest, & ~too much~ harem stuff, I'll certainly give it a fair shot.

and that there is my point. the main reason why people didn't liked fairy dance was the possibility hook up of the two family members. and to be honest , i wouldnt have minded at all if the two siblings/cousins did became a couple in the end of the arc.

also it was only on episode 20 where there was any aspect of any harem scenario involving kirito and other girls around him. so in a sense , its kinda like FSN where the series could have easily have been harem central afterwards but it was kept limited to like one or two episodes which is a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
giudecca

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 10:18 pm Reply with quote
is it all phantom bullet or some parts of mother rosario and side stories will be part of it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2