• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's E3 Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
Shocked Looks awesome. I really love all the songs they have been using for the trailers.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Has to be better than Ground Zeroes. Seriously, though, the trailer looks nice. Hope the game can deliver!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
I know this game will hurt me, I just know it T.T

dat song tho: IM NUCLEAAAAAR
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote
MGS has been awful for the last 3 games and now seems to be loosing/changing it's personality into some overly serious game.

Graphically the game looks great. GZ also made good on the promises on the gameplay, but 5 looks to be taking MGS into a direction I'm not a fan of.

Even these music choices are terrible and give off a sense of self-indulgent seriousness that is tiring. MGS3 has a song that tells you about game mechanics while being a loving parody of James Bond. MGS5's trailers have featured songs that love to hammer the point that "this is DARK and SNAKE IS A DEMON". It's all a bit sad.

I expected a story trailer that would elevate my fears that the story is pointless. Prequels usually are and yet MGS already had a prequel that set everything perfectly. Now comes this game. Is this game going to give us the mind bending revelation that the idea of the Big Shell was stolen! Oh boy!

MGS5 will probably be a good game, but what it means for MGS is almost so off putting that had my love of the series not already be dead, I would be seriously mad at this game. As it is, I just shrug it off and watch MGS as it continues to burn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1