• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Gundam Build Fighters Series Is Fall TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Best news in awhile. Let the fun continue!

And for those errecting their "NO FUN ALLOWED" signs, at least G-Reco will be airing at the same time.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
So soon? Guess that means it was a split cours series from the beginning regardless of how it fared or was received.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I'm hoping for a 2 cour again!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Well that was fast and yaa more of that milf
methedemon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
I like fun but this series is awful. AGE and build fighters...when will we get a GOOD Gundam series? the last one was 00. Bah.
Kebble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I anticipated that if there was a season two, it would air in the fall. From the commercials/ads during the youtube simulcast, with the HG all-gundam release, it sounds like they needed a show to coincide with the release of the new gundam models.

I loved Gundam Build Fighters, and I pray it gets a North American release. It's the perfect fusion of old-school Gundam references, comedy, and an amount of fun reminiscent of Robotics;Notes.

Two weeks after watching Gundam Build Fighters I dug my old Japanese imported MG Zeta Gundam out of my closet to build. I sweat so hard trying to assemble that thing, you'd swear I was a surgeon trying to remove a tumor. It's in a display cabinet now, never to be touched... since it will probably fall on its butt for the umpteenth time!
AmuroNT1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Of the silhouettes, the SD model appears to be the Zeta Gundam, the middle one looks like the Impulse from SEED Destiny (mostly the waist armor), and people are claiming the right one is the Xi Gundam from the novel Hathaway's Flash, but I don't see that one myself.
kanechin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I only cared about the gundam battles and bits of fanservice (ecchi & cameos). Could not suffer through watching sei's waifu do anything.
Guntank81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Color me excited, one of the best Gundam shows getting some of the love it deserves.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Wouldnt be Gundam if it was around 50 episodes.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
methedemon wrote:
I like fun but this series is awful. AGE and build fighters...when will we get a GOOD Gundam series? the last one was 00. Bah.

Gundam Unicorn's final volume just came out. As for the last good series prior to GBF? TurnA, it seems.

Also GBF was relatively flawless. AGE had numerous writing and design flaws, but so did 00.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
H. Guderian wrote:
Gundam Unicorn's final volume just came out.

Unfortunately that was a disappointment.
Guntank81

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
H. Guderian wrote:
Gundam Unicorn's final volume just came out.

Unfortunately that was a disappointment.

Really? How because it was fantastic in every aspect. A perfect closure to the UC saga.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't terrible, but definitely not worth the 4 years. I watched all 7 episodes over 2 days (had to struggle to stay awake at times), and it has the same problems most light novel adaptations do. With no narration we miss out on half of the development so characters seem to do random things with little prompting (Riddhe was the worst for this). Banagher is pretty bland and nothing sets him apart from past Gundam leads. The Box is hyped up as a wish/curse but we know it had no impact on the UC because of F91 and Victory.

For episode 7 in particular, spoiler[Marida's death] was stupid, as was spoiler[everyone apparently forgiving Riddhe for it]. We've seen crazy NewType stuff before, but spoiler[time travel] was too much. The final battle between spoiler[Banagher and Full Frontal] was pretty meh, and we never learned what spoiler[Frontal's] deal was. Him suddenly becoming all spoiler["Everything is pointless, we all die anyways!"] came out of nowhere. Banagher spoiler[becomes the Unicorn or something, and then he just... doesn't.] And is it really too much to ask for a proper epilouge?
Toester_Strudel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I really enjoyed the first season so I'm happy to hear about this continuing in the Fall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2