• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Licenses Akame Ga Kill!, Sword Art Online: Progressive, Kagerou Daze

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninjapet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:18 pm Reply with quote
So picking up the Kagepro stuff when they come out.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Akame ga Kill finally get licensed. It's been long overdue for a US release.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
SAO Progressive and Absolute Solitude? I am in heaven right now! Thanks Yen Press, this is why you are the best publisher over here.

As for the other licenses. Akame Ga Kill! I am very interested in. Kagerou Daze I'm undecided on, I will buy it to support LNs over here but I have very mixed feelings on the anime and am hoping the books prove an improvement.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I was planning on getting KagePro novels soon but I guess they can wait until YenPress releases now

same with SAO's other novel (and Absolute Solitude)

EighteenSky wrote:
Kagerou Daze I'm undecided on, I will buy it to support LNs over here but I have very mixed feelings on the anime and am hoping the books prove an improvement.

^^same

Last edited by Nemui_Nezumi on Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rhys2753

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Still no Durarara!!LN's. Shoot.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I plan on checking out the Akame ga Kill anime, so I'm not sure what to think about the manga getting released. I'm sure its a good thing though!

The Kagero Daze stuff makes me happy though. I've been enjoying the anime, and I'd like to get a more indepth look in that world.
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm still confused why Yen Press's post still calls it "Absolute Solitude," (It was renamed to "Absolute Isolator", and has the English title, "The Isolator") and seems to say that it hasn't been released yet. (It was released 3 days ago.)
Oh well, I guess they wrote up that draft some months ago, and never updated it.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Rhys2753 wrote:
Still no Durarara!!LN's. Shoot.

Still hoping someone picks up the Baccano LNs too -_-
vampireknightgal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm sooo planning on getting Kagerou Daze! I'm currently watching Mekakucity Actors on Daisuki right now, but it all started when I listened to Kagerou Days on Project DIVA F 2nd (even have the song on my iPad)
Lovely

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Soooooooooooo excited about getting the Kagerou Daze Light Novels. The only thing I'm worried about is if it will get a Kindle release or not. I don't buy paperbooks anymore because it's inconvenient, but I carry my Kindle everwhere.

EVERYWHERE.

*ahem*

But yeah, I am cautiously optomistic! I frikin' love the Kagerou series. (songs, anime, manga, etc~!)
terminus24

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to Kagerou Daze, mainly because I like the song, and from the translation it seems pretty neat.

Also probably gonna get SAO: Progressive because I'm enjoying the SAO LNs so far.

Anyways, glad more LNs keep getting released over here. Honestly, I'm finding that a lot of the times I prefer them to the manga and anime adaptations, so I hope Yen Press keeps up the good work.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:09 pm Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised to see the indifference towards Akame ga Kiru's licensing in this thread!

The amount of joy (and hate) for the series getting an anime made me think that and English language release would be a more commented on thing. Confused

Personally I'm totally psyched for it! Can't wait to get that awesome artwork on my shelf in a language I can read easily! Very Happy
Student no.0

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
SAO Progressive and both versions of Kagerou Daze for me. From what I hear the anime, albums, manga, and LNs each follow separate story routes. So even if I end up disappointed by Mekaku City Actors, at least I've got these to turn to. Very Happy

I really hope Yen On turns out to be a success. I'll support it as much as I can for sure.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Definitely hyped for Kagerou!
ArmyofDarkness

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Upset that there is still no DxD LN announcement.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2