• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Rail Wars!

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
The series has Lelouch working on railroads? In that railroads are often used to connect places, if I were Lelouch, I'd use railroads to connect my heart to Kallen.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:19 am Reply with quote
Fanservice show without any substance
Yulhen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:32 am Reply with quote
Well, I think it must be something original.
Of course I'll see it in russian not soon, but I hope to! Razz
P.S. Yes, I'm new here and...I don't know actually how to communicate normally with people on this website. So, please, help me a little bit.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:

Fanservice for who, train otaku? There's nothing in the story or character designs that screams "fanservice show!!" Heck, the male to female ratio is pretty even.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

Fanservice for who, train otaku? There's nothing in the story or character designs that screams "fanservice show!!" Heck, the male to female ratio is pretty even.

Can't speak for the show's amount of substance (or lack thereof), but the character designer and chief animation director for this production is Makoto Uno, so there will be at least some of that 'common' fanservice in Rail Wars!. As evidenced by a recent trailer, special physics are already present in some characters' upper-torsos-- as expected from the guy whose last professional anime contribution was to Seikon no Qwaser's production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TnKtRk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, so is this a modern day You're Under Arrest!/801 Airbats...
teferi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:20 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:

Might just be the first episode, but Naoto's primary role seems to be to ogle Haruka for most of the episode Neutral
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
By the way, Crunchyroll just announced they are simulcasting this show in the USA.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this one as I've said several other places the draws for me are Maaya Uchida and Manami Numakura as Aoi and Haruka also I like trains.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Leave it to the Japanese to make up a long winded title for Rail Cops, or Transport Police. This is whole plot premise is so implausible as to be either completely funny, which would make it at least worth a rent, or completely stupid. Even the title is implausible as just who are they at war with? Train spotters? Cable thieves? Fare dodgers? Another rail company? Are there private rail companies in Japan?
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Yes, there are now. But in this story, the choochoo trains haven't been denationalized yet and they're fighting against pro-privatization extremists(oooohhh). So something that might have made since if there was significant debate at the time the issue was being decided, but utterly meaningless drivel years after the fact.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:42 am Reply with quote
For those wondering if it's a fanservice show: it is. I saw episode 1 for myself and yeah, it's a girls n guns production just replacing guns with trains.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:33 am Reply with quote
Yet another template for the H doujin artists.
eragon2890

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 am Reply with quote
I like fanservice in my anine, was worried that this wouldn´t have any, the plot seems quite fun also, so now I really want to watch it :3 Or at least check it out Anime hyper

I believe I now want to watch 9 airing shows this season, luckily for me it´s summer vacation at university Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1