• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comedian/Actor Robin Williams Passes Away at 63

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
RIP Sad

I remember him for some of his work during my childhood days. Such a talented actor Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for all the laughs & childhood memories.
You will be greatly missed.
@->-
Arsenette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Remember him fondly from the days when he was in Laverne and Shirley and watched intently during the premiere of Mork and Mindy (never missed an Episode). Loved how diverse he was in his roles. From comedy to drama and everything in between. Such a shame given how many years he's been openly battling severe depression. It was a struggle I hoped he'd overcome. I'm so heartbroken. I can imagine what his family is going through. His family dealing with a Suicide (if it is indeed what happened) is such a painful thing to live through. Having dealt with that in my life.. I .. just feel horrible for them. I hope Robin is a peace finally. Such a shame. Crying or Very sad
TsukasaHiiragi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
It was very sad news Sad
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
Part of me wished someone hired him for an anime dub. Surprised he never did anything with Ghibli, either. R.I.P. Crying or Very sad
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
I was crying when I heard the news. My favorite of his roles is actually one of his less acclaimed ones (not even mentioned in the article), What Dreams May Come.

Sadly, neither it nor Dead Poets Society are available on Netflix streaming, and I don't have handy access to a copy.
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
God damn it.

I really wish he had reached out to his friends and his fans about his depression. Now it's too late to help him.

May he rest well wherever the afterlife takes him. He left a great mark in the world of comedy, TV and cinema.
sakurablossom729

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
such sad news, when I found out a tear escaped he was 1 of my fav actor and comedian he will surly be missed by the world Anime cry Sad so sad to see him go..
Chaz7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:28 am Reply with quote
I couldn't believe when I heard this...my eyes got teary... I was appalled. We get so used to seeing people we always knew, and thought "immortal", that when you find out that person is gone forever, it's really difficult to accept.

I always felt his smile used to shine, and his eyes sparkle, just like a little innocent kid having fun. I can't help but feel that the World is a "sadder" place after he is gone. His roles will live on our, and on future generations, hearts though, bringing smiles and amazement.

Although I grew up watching him play mainly comedy roles, like Hook and Ms. Doubtfire, and mainly knew him for a brilliant comedian, movies that I watched later in life, like Good Morning, Vietname and especially What Dreams May Come (which I happened to stumble upon on TV... and was very surprised not finding much about it on the internet back in those days), have really left a strong impression on me... I guess the contrast of his, in my view, innocent and full of dreams eyes, with the suffering he was confronted in those movies (especially What Dreams May Come), really made for a strong sentimental message.

I guess there's nothing else to say... I just hope he will find peace and happiness wherever he might be, for all the happiness he brought to people around the World, he surely deserves it. See you again some day Robin Williams, rest in peace.
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
I just found a list last night showing Celebrities who admit to liking anime and the anime they liked. I was so excited to see Robin Williams liked Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop. I told my Mom and twin sister "We'd get along great! We can talk about Evangelion and Studio Ghibli movies while playing video games! I hope I can meet him someday!" Well, my dreams were shattered as of earlier tonight. RIP Robin! Thanks for making my family and I laugh all these years! We're going to miss you dearly! You were always one of my favorite actors and one of my hero's.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
I heard about this when I was riding with my relatives today. When I got the message on Twitter, and various news app on my smartphone about his death, I was shocked and awed when I heard about it. I couldn't believe it then more report come in about it, I told my relatives about his death and it was so shocking to hear a great actor/comedian like Robin William to commit suicide.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:43 am Reply with quote
See you later, Mr. Williams.
Rufifox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Thank you for all the great movies and great memories, you will be forever missed... May you rest in peace Robin Williams. Crying or Very sad
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:52 am Reply with quote
He was a gamer and anime fan as well. RIP, man.
spinja446

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote
Man, me and my girlfriend watched Christopher Nolan's Insomnia literally like a week ago and Robin Williams was fantastic in that! Such weird timing but nevertheless he will be missed and my condolences to his family. Truly heartbreaking news.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6