• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Silver Link Makes Yuri Kuma Arashi TV Anime by Utena/Penguindrum's Ikuhara

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Ah definitely looking forward to this!

I hope to see a PV soon as well but quite excited. Hope it will debut during Winter.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
I've read a little bit of the manga and I liked it alot. I hope more info comes out soon!
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
YEAAAH, new Ikuhara anime! That guy is genius, Penguindrum is one of my favorite things that I watched...
Quote:
The studio SILVER LINK is producing the animation.

Wait what, [expletive] Sliver Link? That bit of a news certainly grounded my enthusiasm but I am still excited.

Last edited by danilo07 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Kureha sounds like Akari taken in completely literal context.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this does well enough for Akiko Morishima's name to become more well-known. Maybe even enough for certain manga companies *cough SEVEN SEAS* to license her works. Surprised

Now to wait for that elusive PV that was supposedly shown last year.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
Silver Link seems like a great fit for what Ikuhara does. The premise does not really excite me, but I will give Ikuhara the benefit of the doubt and hope that this new project will be good.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
They announced that updates will come bi-weekly till November 30. First one is planned for September.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
That's... a very literal title? Yuri Kuma Arashi is yuri bear storm. Great, it doesn't need sexual metaphors added to it, it comes with its own just from the title.

If she's a bear then is it yuri? If she's in a bear costume, is it something else?

On one hand, I'm intrigued and on the other, I'm curious. The show's been two years in production and this is all they're willing to offer up as to what it is; the title, two names and the word "transparent" or "clear"?

And that it starts with a dream. Or as a dream.

Right, I'm really intrigued. "Intellectual fantasy", ok, I'm in.
BinBouGami1234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
Was kinda hoping that there would be more similarities to Penguindrum, like at least the same character designer, but this will probably still be awesome in its own right.
GeOMeek417

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote
Words cannot describe my excitement for this. Utena and penguindrum were two of the best, if not the most artistically daring tv shows I've ever seen, breaking bad, sopranos and twin peaks included.

Tho I do have reservations to the concept of the show; its premise does seem a bit moe fanservicey for something ikuhara would make :/ still, can't wait for a promo to surface Very Happy
Redcrimson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:59 am Reply with quote
I'm actually excited to see Silver Link work on something that (presumably) isn't an inane otaku comedy.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
danilo07 wrote:
YEAAAH, new Ikuhara anime! That guy is genius, Penguindrum is one of my favorite things that I watched...
Quote:

Wait what, [expletive] Sliver Link? That bit of a news certainly grounded my enthusiasm but I am still excited.

You do realize that Penguindrum is a Silver Link production, don't you?
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
"intellectual fantasy"? This has Ikuhara pretentiousness written all over it. Personally I found Penguindrum to be a gigantic clusterfuck of strange symbolism and just plain weirdness. Definitely not the kind of director for me, but given that he's apparently an inspiration for Shinbo (just learned this recently but no at all surprise really) and Silver Link is full of staffers that are largely inspired by Shinbo's whole style (bleh) it seems like he ought to fit right in there. Enjoy folks.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
danilo07 wrote:
Quote:

You do realize that Penguindrum is a Silver Link production, don't you?

Penguindrum was Brains Base production.
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Definitely not the kind of director for me, but given that he's apparently an inspiration for Shinbo (just learned this recently but no at all surprise really) and Silver Link is full of staffers that are largely inspired by Shinbo's whole style (bleh) it seems like he ought to fit right in there. Enjoy folks.

The only Shinbo imitator at that studio is Oonuma and he obviously won't be directing this show. Silver Link does suck though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3