• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NHK Lists Log Horizon 2 Anime at 25 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
Imo, this is surprising. There are only 2 volumes with a third one coming out by end of this month. I'm expecting expansion on some of the chapters and some anime original material. I'm happy to see a 2 cour though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Don't know how I feel about this.

On the one hand, I thought season two would only get one cour, so another two cour season is great news because it is twice as much as I was expecting. On the other, there probably isn't enough source material to properly fill two cours worth of episodes, so the obvious fear is that we'll get very slow pacing.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
They're pretty much going to have to make new content. 25 eps for 3 novels is way too much. I hope it isn't just pointless stand alone episodes, but then again anime original arcs are hit and miss too.
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
The first season already had a fairly slow pacing. I hope they don't cock this up.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:50 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah, I am ready for the punchline!
Dian Z

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:21 am Reply with quote
I believe Durarara!! (season 1) adapted 3 first volumes of the novel and quite surprisingly succeeded/not maing it too slow. Well it's a good adaptation and the team behind the scene looks promising.

Isn't there a spin off about that 'harem' guy brigade guild? Insert some adaptation on it? Or maybe (though most likely won't) the 9th light novel will come out while it's airing? Or hopefully Mamare Touno sensei has written at least half of the 9th novel and let the anime guys take a look (and published them online before the episodes comig out)?
Please do anything but slowing the pace down.

The first season already tested my patience. Might give it up if it gets slower than that (while I should love the series).
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
I believe there is also a side story about Kanami as well which could be adapted.

Log Horizon: Overseas
A side story following Kanami- Log Horizon ex. Dragonhowl Mountains(ログ・ホライズンex.竜吼山脈)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Dian Z wrote:
I believe Durarara!! (season 1) adapted 3 first volumes of the novel and quite surprisingly succeeded/not maing it too slow. Well it's a good adaptation and the team behind the scene looks promising.

That depends on the content of the source material. For example, in the LN series Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon's adaptations, each cour was adapted from just 2 novels at a time. Other shows can reach a 1-or-2 episodes per 1 volume.
Honestly, I would've been more confident about Season 2's promise if it was just 1 cour.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:02 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, so this is basically assurance that we'll get to see Kanami and the Greatest Party Ever. Excellent.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:59 am Reply with quote
Looking at the release dates of past Log Horizon novels, as well as the one due out at the end of September, we could see another two volumes released by the end of the anime's run, surely? (Although one of them would probably be right at the end of March and I can't see the anime adapting a story before it's published).

So at the very least, we could be looking at the currently un-adapted two, September's novel and then another one? (with the sixth being un-adapted due to being released too close to the end of the anime)?
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:44 am Reply with quote
This pleases me. Really enjoyed the first season and can't complain about getting 25 episodes to make up the second season.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
Looking at the release dates of past Log Horizon novels, as well as the one due out at the end of September, we could see another two volumes released by the end of the anime's run, surely? (Although one of them would probably be right at the end of March and I can't see the anime adapting a story before it's published).

So at the very least, we could be looking at the currently un-adapted two, September's novel and then another one? (with the sixth being un-adapted due to being released too close to the end of the anime)?

Vol. 9 already confirmed to be released this year. Sio in the worst case they'll have 4 volumes to adapt but I bet Vol. 10 will be finished before S2 ends.
epicrevenge

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm really pleased that it will be a 2 cour again! Log Horizon is definitely the anime I'm most looking forward to watching this Autumn. Very Happy

Does anyone know if Man With a Mission will do the OP again? I wasn't a big fan of the ED of the first season so I don't care about Yun*chi returning for the second ED, but I loved the OP Database.
AlphabetB

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Nachtwandler wrote:
Ryu Shoji wrote:

Vol. 9 already confirmed to be released this year. Sio in the worst case they'll have 4 volumes to adapt but I bet Vol. 10 will be finished before S2 ends.

Rumor has it,the 9th volume is called "Kanami,Go East!" and will continue the overseas sidestory,so also adding the sidestory to the 9th volume and stretching out the battle scenes could fit in 25 episodes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1