• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Gonna be the Twin-Tails!!, Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete, Daitoshokan no Hi

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Pretty "meh" season for FUNi if you ask me. Garo and Rage of Bahamut look pretty cool, but the rest don't particularly interest me in the slightest.

I'm honestly quite surprised that FUNi didn't go after Parasyte. Usually the blood & guts shows are right up their alley. Maybe they're still trying to work the licensing issues out and just haven't announced it yet.

Last edited by SpacemanHardy on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:21 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I got two shows wrong in the Funi Guess the Streaming Schedule contest! Also disappointing: none of these shows interest me at all (even though I bought a 6-month sub during their 20 year anniversary sale). Oh, well, at least I know they have Psycho-Pass 2.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Rather underwhelming in my opinion. The only show I have a slight inkling to watch is Donten ni Warau, and that's only because I'm a big Dogakobo fan and the promotional artwork has been rather good. Though if it lingers for too long on the manservice rather than the story then it'll likely be an early drop.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:24 pm Reply with quote
looks good. planning on watching 7 of the 11
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Also disappointed by these offerings.
PrettyKitty$$$$$

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
Unless I hear see some good reviews, I'm gonna pass on watching these. None of them look interesting to me in the slightest.
ikramit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:42 pm Reply with quote
“Babes, blades, blood, beauty? Lord Marksman and Vanadis has them in spades as the young nobleman Tigrevurmud Vorn struggles with his beautiful captor Eleonora—who is one of seven stunning battle queens known as the Vanadis. From the studio behind Fairy Tail, written and directed by the director of Bodacious Space Pirates, you’ll get every kind of action you could want in this high-energy fantasy adventure…
Tigre, a young noble, is captured by a beautiful female general from an enemy country. But her curves aren’t the only dangerous thing about her. She’s backed by an army of lovely warrior-goddesses called the Vanadis. Discover Tigre’s fate in this action-packed blend of fantasy and fanservice. “…. ok so let me set some things straight frist vanadis are of the same rank second most of them dislike one another third they only take orders from the king fourth the source material does not have alot of fan service with one max two fan service scences per LN fifth HOW CAN THEY GET IT SO WRONG

Last edited by ikramit on Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
just noticed the lack of Tenchi. thought they would be getting it
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Worst news of the week. I wanted to watch Vanadis and Donten ni Warau, but funimation getting Garo means I'm going back to anime fansubs for the first time in years. Their streaming site is crap (it literally crashes my browser every time I try to even view their list of offerings), and the only console app they have is a) Xbox 360, and b) behind a pay wall.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Garo The Animation's streaming dates and times will also be announced later. It is the first animation installment in the popular GARO franchise that since 2005 has spawned multiple television series and movies. Series composition from Yasuko Kobayashi, known for Attack on Titan.

You could've at least used a tokusatsu example, Funi, given that's most likely closer to the people who are going to be watching it than AoT.

Given my experience with Funi streams, don't blame me if I'm not excited.

Last edited by Lynx Amali on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
lazydude500

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Funimation.com isn't nearly as bad as it used to be.

Anyone still having major problems is probably still using IE (why?) or Firefox (which hasn't been reliable in years; still haven't fixed crashing Adobe Flash plugin problem...)

Tip: Switch to Google Chrome

Back on topic I'm willing to give these anime a chance.

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai is another Hoods title. Including BlazBlue Alter Memory from a few seasons ago that's 2 deals with the company. C'mon Funimation! Manyuu Hikenchou and that goldmine of boob money is just sitting there on the table. Very Happy

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai is apparently based on an eroge game so maybe Hoods finally threw in the towel trying to be "normal" and is returning to heavy fanservice titles that made them famous in the first place. FWIW I did like Mysterious Girlfriend X
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm both happy and saddened by this news. They grabbed a lot of the shows I'm looking forward to, but now I can't watch them on Crunchyroll...

I tried to use their site before, I might have to try using it again before switching to fansubs...Too bad they can't just put their stuff on Crunchyroll too.

But definitely watching Twintail, and possibly a few others.
bs3311

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote
boo on them getting Rage of Bahaumut. Oh well, hope it bombs for them so they would have to release the license. Cause I was really hoping crunchyroll or Sentai Filmworks would get this. And mostly on Sentai cause if it would be a good gash grab show, then that would at least gaurentee a proper dub -_-
Robbybulidjetliner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Darn it I wanted CR to get Vanadis. I don't like funimation. I refuse to support them.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Robbybulidjetliner wrote:
Darn it I wanted CR to get Vanadis. I don't like funimation. I refuse to support them.

CR got Vandis.. just not in NA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3