• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Go! Princess Precure' Trademark Filed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:22 am Reply with quote
This was just verified when the publicly-viewable portion of the Japan Copyright Office database showed the filing from Toei Animation a few hours ago (someone in Japan posted earlier the private posting, but Toei Animation of course could not verify that information).

Toei Animation promised that it would be quite different than previous Pretty Cure series, so let's see what they've created this time. Hopefully, it won't end up reminding people of Marathon Media's LoliRock (which just started airing in France and will likely arrive in the USA Spring 2015).
pcj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Sacto0562 wrote:
Hopefully, it won't end up reminding people of Marathon Media's LoliRock
What's LoliRock about and why would something Precure remind people of it?
pcj

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:35 am Reply with quote
As usual, Google is good at answering questions.

From http://www.marathon-media.fr/lolirock-2-2/
Quote:
LOLIROCK is based on an unwavering friendship between three princesses who live together and tour members of the group, LOLIROCK. They also share a secret: they come from a distant land Ephedia.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:40 am Reply with quote
Interesting title. I'd love to see the key visual and character designs hopefully quite soon.
I will watch it regardless though, because it's Precure, I want to see all of the series in the franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:01 am Reply with quote
Hope this one's good.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote
Hapiness Charge has gone a long way in helping Toei recover from the massive faceplant that was Doki Doki so I have confidence that this is going to be good.

Although I have to say in a franchise where one installment feels like K-ON with magical girls (Along with great action scenes and some surprisingly dark moments) and another feels like Gurren Lagann with magical girls (Although more focused on the magical girl side of things) I'm not sure what to think of the suggestion that this is going to be 'different'.

I suppose Doki Doki and Hapiness Charge have some vague similarities to previous seasons and they all follow the classic 'monster of the week with an underlying plot' format synonymous with mahou shoujo but overall each season feels distinct for better or worse. Maybe they could be breaking away from the monster of the week formula and having one continuous plot in every episode? If so that might be interesting.
RandomPolygon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Hapiness Charge has gone a long way in helping Toei recover from the massive faceplant that was Doki Doki so I have confidence that this is going to be good.

Wait, what? Happiness Charge has so far performed well below Dokidoki (which was already worryingly low) and doesn't even have the strong toy sales or fan reception to back it up. Even Japanese fans seem divided because the massive focus on romance plots.

Unless you just mean you prefer it personally, which is fair enough, but I'm not surprised to hear they're taking the next series in a different direction. Hopefully without male characters becoming more important than 3/4ths of the main cast.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:52 pm Reply with quote
For a 10th Anniversary show, Happiness is performing lower? Where did you get that? I have heard about the romantic plots being really split among the viewers though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1