• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha Manga Enters Last Arc

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Heh, I kinda figured the manga is going to end soon. Wonder if they will do another season in the future also.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Heh, I kinda figured the manga is going to end soon. Wonder if they will do another season in the future also.

Sadly that is less feasible than getting a 3rd season for Oh my goddess! Sad
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Inari is like the cutest girl ever
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Just my thought, but probably not, as they changed the story from the manga with the final episodes. In a pretty drastic way.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:01 am Reply with quote
I kinda saw this coming, and am happy it won't be dragged on for much longer, but I really like this manga an I'll be sad to see it end. Sad
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:53 am Reply with quote
Enjoyed the anime. And, since it seems unlikely that the anime will be continued, I'd like the chance to read the manga.
blessed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Sigh Crying or Very sad
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Ouch! How about mentioning the futility of wanting more seasons of Full Metal Panic!* and Spice and Wolf too? For that matter, why don't you come over and kick me in the crotch while you are at it? LOL!

I would love to see another season of Inari KonKon, but the first volume sales were under 3000, so that doesn't bode well for more anime. Also, as noted by Ali07, there were some significant departures from the story of the manga at the end of the anime. I don't think they are irreconcilable, but it decreases the chances of a continuation. I would love to see the previous arc animated and the set-up for the final arc shows great promise for a good story.

I am looking forward to seeing how the story ends, but I'll miss the characters once we are no longer privy to the details of their lives.

*[Though, to be honest, some of the ads/comments/tweets by people involved in Full Metal Panic! have made me blindly optimistic again...]
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Ouch! How about mentioning the futility of wanting more seasons of Full Metal Panic!* and Spice and Wolf too? For that matter, why don't you come over and kick me in the crotch while you are at it?

While I select my favorite crowbar, how about reminiscing our readers that there will be no second season of Noragami, Nobuna no Yabou or Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko?

KO

Evil's work never ends Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1