• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, November 23-29

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Seeing Monster Musume top the list again and again gives me high hopes for an adaptation. Even though US lists don't mean diddly squat to Japan.

It baffles me that the first volume of attack on titan is still selling. Who the hell is still buying it?
kanjineogeo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:11 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Seeing Monster Musume top the list again and again gives me high hopes for an adaptation. Even though US lists don't mean diddly squat to Japan.

It baffles me that the first volume of attack on titan is still selling. Who the hell is still buying it?

Lets say we replaced to sword art online over attack on titan.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Always have to have a look to see if AoT 1 is still there. Check. But, always nice to see manga I'm collecting on this list. Fairy Tail and Noragami are the ones this time around.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually surprised that Monster Musume is doing well. I read it religiously when I can get my hands on a copy.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Monster Musume followed by Fairy Tail. Yep, NY Times readers like their skin-showing mangas.
CatSword

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm still hoping Monster Musume's strong success will convince someone to license the To Love Ru manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I wasn't sure if Clamp still had a strong following after all of these years. For some reason I thought Xxxholic was getting to be a bit of a flop toward the final volumes in the States. Looks like I was wrong.
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Keep going Monster Musume, just a bit more 'til you convince them all... Twisted Evil
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Monster Musume is doing so well
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Right, I need t do some Christmas shopping.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote
I will be surprised when we see a listing of this where AoT vol. 1 isn't on this list.
Fam Fan Fan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
I don't understand why SAO is selling so well, I picked up the first volume and I didn't think it was that good. I didn't watch the anime because its not really my cup of tea, but yikes I thought the manga was just terrible. It seemed to jump from topic to topic at ridiculous rates. I think it would have been better to add more and elaborate on the different parts of it.

Then again I didn't watch the anime past episode 3, so I can't really compare one to the other.
James S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Fam Fan Fan wrote:
I don't understand why SAO is selling so well, I picked up the first volume and I didn't think it was that good. I didn't watch the anime because its not really my cup of tea, but yikes I thought the manga was just terrible. It seemed to jump from topic to topic at ridiculous rates. I think it would have been better to add more and elaborate on the different parts of it.

Then again I didn't watch the anime past episode 3, so I can't really compare one to the other.

*HintHint* Just read the light novels if you want to comment on that. While the anime is not that bad, it's not that good either. The manga on the other hand, as long as you're not talking about the Progressive manga, is something that most fans try to avoid even thinking about, it was that bad.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Fam Fan Fan wrote:

Isn't the SAO listed here the novel, not the manga?
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I will be surprised when we see a listing of this where AoT vol. 1 isn't on this list.
That's the only reason I'm here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1