• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maria the Virgin Witch Anime's New Web Ad Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:19 am Reply with quote
oh boy, 100 years war, that means this anime will be racist too,the plot thickens.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:18 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
oh boy, 100 years war, that means this anime will be racist too,the plot thickens.

Just because an anime is set during the Hundred Years' War doesn't mean it's going to be racist... I doubt that issue will ever even come up. Sexism will probably be a bigger deal.

I wasn't really interested in this show, but it has nice designs so maybe I'll check it out at some point.
bigivel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:

I'm confused, and most probably because of my ignorance, but isn't the 100 years war about the 116 years war between France and England? What as that to do with racism? Or are you talking about racism between English people and French people?
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Not really sure what kind of racism you're expecting here, but the series will paint the French/English leaders and religious figures in a not so positive light.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Between Sunrise's Taniguchi, Chiba, & Nakada doing this series at I.G and Tetsuro Araki & WIT STUDIO doing Gundam Reconguista in G's (great) Ep. 10, I wonder if there is a something of a working relationship between I.G and Sunrise going on right now. I mean, it's not as if the former doesn't have enough shows they have their tentacles dipped in, particularly in the last couple of years, where they taken on more of a producing role than full-out animation producing (not unlike a TMS or daddy Tatsunoko). I guess you could call them the "Aniplex" of animation productions… Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Being an incubus, I'd think it's more appropriate if Priapos was voiced by a male though he does look effeminate and so Mikako may/may do him justice.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
Nice. Only another month to go until this starts.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:36 am Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
Between Sunrise's Taniguchi, Chiba, & Nakada doing this series at I.G and Tetsuro Araki & WIT STUDIO doing Gundam Reconguista in G's (great) Ep. 10, I wonder if there is a something of a working relationship between I.G and Sunrise going on right now. I mean, it's not as if the former doesn't have enough shows they have their tentacles dipped in, particularly in the last couple of years, where they taken on more of a producing role than full-out animation producing (not unlike a TMS or daddy Tatsunoko). I guess you could call them the "Aniplex" of animation productions… Wink

Well it does seem Bandai Visual is involved in this so maybe. Though I greatly prefer them to Aniplex .
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:36 am Reply with quote
The art style is quite simplistic (dare I call it borderline bland?), but it might fit with setting of the Middle Ages, so I'll wait a bit more before I'll decide whether or not to watch this.
king_of_demons

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:09 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy I cant wait for this
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1