• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyo kara Maoh! Gets New Stage Play This Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fencer_x

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:11 am Reply with quote
...As someone who went to see the first one live, I have to wonder what on earth made them think it would be a good idea to do it again? Neutral

Everything about this show except for the cast was extremely low-budget (the theater legit looked like a high school auditorium, complete with linoleum flooring and seats bolted down, and the costumes were little better than what you could find at ACOS), and I didn't feel like it was remotely worth the ticket price (and I've been to hundreds of shows like it over the years). And by "except for the cast", I mean they evidently blew the budget on getting well-known musical actors to play the parts, not really paying attention to how well they fit the role. Seiya as Yuuri was...just painful.
Nemui_Nezumi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:57 am Reply with quote
for a second I thought KKM was getting a new season....I'm so disappointed right now
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:21 am Reply with quote
This was probably 1 of Yuri Lowenthal's longest roles (epi. wise) that's not Sasuke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1