• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Final Fantasy XV Gameplay Video, Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiyosuke

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:45 am Reply with quote
Holy shit that was gorgeous!!
Nyron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
this just genuinely doesn't look good

You know what's better than thousands of beautifully rendered pine trees and rocks? Actual levels to explore. These locations have no more complexity than FF6, but took $500,000,000 more to make. In fact, scratch that. I doubt any location in this game will be as interesting/interactive as the branching waterfall portion of FF6.

and then the battle system is just kingdom hearts
i played kingdom hearts 15 years ago and it wasn't that good back then

oh boy AI-controlled allies and action combat that'll be less good than a random Tales of game

more people should compare this to Type-0, which seems like an actually unique, well-crafted game that uses all the same ideas
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:47 am Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:

You know what's better than thousands of beautifully rendered pine trees and rocks? Actual levels to explore. These locations have no more complexity than FF6, but took $500,000,000 more to make. In fact, scratch that. I doubt any location in this game will be as interesting/interactive as the branching waterfall portion of FF6.

oh boy AI-controlled allies and action combat that'll be less good than a random Tales of game

more people should compare this to Type-0, which seems like an actually unique, well-crafted game that uses all the same ideas

Was like KH(aside from the action based gameplay). More like FF XII's gambit system.
kill-chan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
Gameplay you say!?
All this shown was a dude walking around!
lizardking461

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:24 am Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:

Sadly, this statement could be applied to 95% of high profile games as compared to their counterparts from 10-25 years ago.

A truly sad indictment on gaming and the massive back steps it has taken in terms of creativity as of late.
Lusbox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
If this eventually comes out on pc I'll get it, but don't think it'll warrant buying an entire console.
AnimeMachina

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:26 am Reply with quote
Haters gonna hate
Shankusu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:

First of all, this is a small amount of gameplay from the upcoming demo. This is not the entirety of the demo, let alone anything like the full game. They're showing off a bit of the demo which means they've cut a lot of content and limited you to a specific area (only a part of an entire region). A lot of features have been intentionally left out/still being worked on.

Also, the battle system is not like Kingdom Hearts. The initial plan was to have a KH-inspired battle system, which by no means would be bad, but has changed since then.

Too many ignorant people giving this game unwarranted shit, it's pretty sad. A demo is coming up, try it and then complain/give feedback.
Nyron

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Shankusu wrote:
Nyron wrote:

First of all, this is a small amount of gameplay from the upcoming demo. This is not the entirety of the demo, let alone anything like the full game. They're showing off a bit of the demo which means they've cut a lot of content and limited you to a specific area (only a part of an entire region). A lot of features have been intentionally left out/still being worked on.

Also, the battle system is not like Kingdom Hearts. The initial plan was to have a KH-inspired battle system, which by no means would be bad, but has changed since then.

Too many ignorant people giving this game unwarranted shit, it's pretty sad. A demo is coming up, try it and then complain/give feedback.

"unwarranted shit"

It's taken them 10 years to show "game-play" of walking around and hitting goblins with magic sticks. this project is a shitshow. They could have conceptualized, paid for and shipped more than 10 games as good as The World Ends With You in the time it's taken to make HD Unity default terrain and a battle system less engaging than Star Ocean 2.

Square Enix is god awful
AAA game "give me less for more" culture is god awful
Shankusu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Nyron wrote:
Shankusu wrote:
Nyron wrote:

"unwarranted shit"

It's taken them 10 years to show "game-play" of walking around and hitting goblins with magic sticks. this project is a shitshow. They could have conceptualized, paid for and shipped more than 10 games as good as The World Ends With You in the time it's taken to make HD Unity default terrain and a battle system less engaging than Star Ocean 2.

Square Enix is god awful
AAA game "give me less for more" culture is god awful

It's not ready for a release at this moment, no reason for them to show anything grand. Especially not storywise. What they can do is show bits of everything, trailers, share information through interviews and give us a demo. All of this is happening.

That the game has been stuck in development for years is definitely a part of the project that failed, for whatever reason it happened. Part of it due to the switch to the new gen, the rest not fully known. Could it have been handled better? Absolutely. That, however, has nothing to do with the quality of this unreleased game itself.

If you're not feeling the concept of the battle system, which you haven't tried nor is fully completed/added in the showcased demo, then that's your own problem. If the world is too bland for you when this specific video showed, in demo-format, only a PART of one region that's only about 1/10 the size of the entire world...I have nothing more to say.

You can give Square Enix shit all you want, at times rightfully so, but for this particular game it's been way too ridiculous.

That comparison with KH alone screams ignorance.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
kill-chan wrote:
Gameplay you say!?
All this shown was a dude walking around!

watch the 2nd video--for the battle gameplay

FF moving from stand still turn base to action now.

look a lot like a Western RPG.

i hope there are female characters-- if not-- eh-- i'm not interested in games/movies with only pretty boys

The last FF game that i played-- FFXII (PS2)- it was an ok game.

FF is going downhill? after the PS2 era

just my 2 cents
Neko-matan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
im just here for cidney<3 Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1