• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Set List - Top 10 Bleach Theme Songs

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britata348

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Awesome video Very Happy So much nostalgia watching it! I hope you'll be doing other shounen shows in the future (Maybe YuYu, or Naruto?) since they have so much music to offer / their own personal style like you've pointed out with Bleach.
daichi383

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Liked a lot of the choices. Sure did bring back memories of back when Bleach was good. My absolute favourite by far is Opening 13. Adore the thing to bits. Directed by Masashi Ishihama wonderfully and i just love the build up to the chorus and the chorus itself. Good stuff.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I never saw the episodes connected to this song however I still demand CHANGE to be on this list somewhere.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Hope for taking the time to compile this list. I am very pleased with the top pick. The rescue arc was probably the most the best time I had watching Bleach.

Last edited by Angel M Cazares on Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:56 pm Reply with quote
My goodness. You put me through a lot of work since Bleach has amazing opening and ending songs, and is one of my favorite anime in this category. I could never put opening and ending songs together in 1 top 10 list, they have to be separate. lol

Well, my favorite openings are: 1-7,9-15.

Favorite endings: 1-10,14,15-30.

Favorite movie: 1,3,4.

Favorite OVA: None.

I love them all, but these are THE favorites.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Maybe not the best choices, but I still remember Asterisk, Velonica and Change. Yui's song isn't bad too, but it's not as moving as Again from FMA:B.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, here it comes. My nostalgic feels when I heard the riff for Tonight Tonight Tonight. Anime cry

No matter how many useless filler arcs, prolonged battles, stupid power ups, or the fact the damn show/manga kept going looooooong after spoiler[defeating Aizen, does this still count as a spoiler???], BLEACH was my first shonen fandom. I remember downloading 90% of the show's soundtrack and theme songs, watching a few episodes with my brother, playing the NDS fighting game with my high school fans, collecting the merchandise, and, of course having Johnny Young Bosch autograph my Ichigo plushie.

Mad Surfer, MOVIN', and Last Moment: fav ED
Asterick, Anima Rossa, and After Dark: fav OP
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Great video, thank you for making it!

Are you going to do One Piece too? I know it songs better than Bleach, and I have my own little list. I'd like to see how it compares to yours Anime smallmouth.
Hitomi Higurashi

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:13 pm Reply with quote
For me, my favourite bleach song is definitely ending 29. There is something very sad yet beautiful about it, especially when contrasted with the story line at that point.

My second choice would be Life is like a boat.
Barbobot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:14 pm Reply with quote
You forget how much great music was used in Bleach when it's been so long since you watched certain parts of it. I had forgotten about a few of these songs before watching the list, though most of them are also on my playlist of anime OP/EDs that I often listen to while gaming. The list is missing some of my favorite songs though, which both fall on the more pop/rock side of things.

Change by miwa
Rolling Days by Yui
Hitohira no Hanabira by Stereopony
navycherub

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I was going to vote in the poll, but I found myself basically choosing every song so...
Random 21

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Another great list. Honestly I've always been a fan more of the show's openings than the show's endings. As a matter of fact the only real ending song that springs to mind is Hanabi, I really like that song.

Here's my list, in ranked order:

1. Velonica
2. Asterisk
3. Ranbu no Melody
4. Hanabi
5. Change
6. Anima Rossa
7. Shoujo S
8. Last Moment
9. Rolling Star
10. After Dark

Bleach definitely has the best soundtrack out of the big 3 for me, it's something that stuck out at me for the whole time I watched it. It may have got a lot weaker later in the show, but I don't regret watching it. (Even if I longhauled it in one go. The whole thing.)

Last edited by Random 21 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope one day the anime come back (which probably won't happen)
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Like many, I'm mixed on Bleach as a series. At it's best (like during the Soul Society arc, as well as the beginning of the still running Thousand-Year Blood War arc), it's some of the best shounen out there. At it's worst (all of Deicide), it can give SAO a run for it's money in terms of downright embarrasing writing.

The OST and the theme songs, on the other hand, have some of my favorite music in any anime. I can't think of a single song or tune I hate. They're passionate, emotional, stylish, you name it.

I'd have to listen to every theme song to get a feel of which I prefer over others, but at least in terms of OPs, it would have to be:

"D-tecnolife" by UVERworld
"ALONES" by Aqua Timez
"CHU-BURA" by Kelun
"Ranbu no Melody" by SID
"HARUKAZE" by SCANDAL

That's not in any particular order either, but if you had to tie me down to a chair and force me, then I'd have to go with D-tecnolife as my favorite. Either that, or Ranbu no Melody.

Yeah, still can't decide. Laughing
bobob101

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
So I tried to watch this video like 10 times and couldn't make it past the two minute mark without the video just not working. You guys really need to fix that awful 2008 player you are working with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4