• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/stay night's 'Heaven's Feel' Route Gets Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, interesting. I wonder how long this manga will be though...but I bet some contents will be cut. Still looking forward to it and the movie Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
never liked Sakura(obviously my least favorite of the 3 heroines) but damn her route does sound interesting.
Break Xerxes

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
I was just thinking about a Heaven's Feel manga the other day, I really hope it's good, Sakura is my favorite heroine. I'm also glad it's a senien title, hopefully this means they won't have to censor a lot. I also can't wait for UFOtable's adaption.
Cunning Linguist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:29 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
never liked Sakura(obviously my least favorite of the 3 heroines) but damn her route does sound interesting.

If you would have played the VN, you would easily see why she is the best heroine
OpinionatedWeaboo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:34 am Reply with quote
I certainly hope it doesn't stray from the LN material like the other mangas from the other routes did.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
I expect it to be quite different from the animated version. That is usually the pattern when a manga version is released before the animated main product.
ragz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:32 am Reply with quote
#819826 wrote:
theNightster wrote:

If you would have played the VN, you would easily see why she is the best heroine

Why, because she is a nympho that cooks?

Even in HF Rin shines much more than she does.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:05 am Reply with quote
ragz wrote:
#819826 wrote:

Why, because she is a nympho that cooks?

Even in HF Rin shines much more than she does.

Now I haven't read HF so I can't say with accuracy but I'm assuming it's because each story centers on a different girl so HF giving Sakura a lot more attention might cause one to like her caracter more. Rin has always been portrayed as a tsundere with deep rooted daddy issues, which I personally didn't find... endearing. course YMMV on how Sakura is portrayed, I've heard good and bad things about it.

{Edit: Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
#819826 wrote:

I *have* played the VN, and I still don't like her. She still is basically a door mat, even when she's... ah... no longer helpless. I will agree that she becomes somewhat more bearable in the HF route, though.
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
#819826 wrote:

I *have* played the VN, and I still don't like her. She still is basically a door mat, even when she's... ah... no longer helpless. I will agree that she becomes somewhat more bearable in the HF route, though.

honestly this is of why I never liked her, the thing with Saber and Rin is that even when they're side characters in other routes they're still likeable enough to make me want to put some time to get to know more about them (admittedly I didn't care for Saber's romance with Shirou in the Fate route but that's because she's technically a walking dead person and that was before Unlimited blade works made me a Rin shipper) Sakura on the other hand was always just their in the other two routes not doing anything but trying to get senpai to notice her, and I hear in heaven's feel she's just a maniac (although after seeing Fate zero I can't blame her for being so)
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
(admittedly I didn't care for Saber's romance with Shirou in the Fate route but that's because she's technically a walking dead person and that was before Unlimited blade works made me a Rin shipper)

This is a bit OT, but about Saber... Modest Spoiler from VN spoiler[Unlike all of the other Heroic Spirits, Saber (spoiler[Arthuria]) is *not* dead. Her body I still there at Camlann -- she's dreaming and, presumably, her spirit is journeying. But she's not actually dead.] Just an FYI.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
#819826 wrote:
theNightster wrote:

Alright folks let me step on in and head this train off. Given how most Fate/Stay threads end up I'm going to make clear now that everyone is to remain civil. This is not going to turn into yet another Fate/Stay debate on which is better the anime, manga, or VN material with everyone getting pissy and rude. So for once can we please have a civil discussion on this subject and not let it result in a flame war. Thank you.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:

well this is a first cause usually fans favs are usually her saber and illyasivel. sure rin is liked as well,though mostly those from the UBW route of the VN. especiallyconsidering the BS that the mato family put her though in F/Z .

However even i could have seen that she have some serious mental issues from the Deen version. though kinda glad that she never got the same fate as kayria from fate/zero

though personally they should have made an anime TV series of this route or do a remake of the 2006 DEEN anime series instead of doing UBW when there is a movie version out already.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
theNightster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
theNightster wrote:

well this is a first cause usually fans favs are usually her saber and illyasivel.
uhh pretty sure I wrote "least favorite"

Quote:
though personally they should have made an anime TV series of this route or do a remake of the 2006 DEEN anime series instead of doing UBW when there is a movie version out already.

personally I'm glad they did UBW, the movie was very condensed that it would leave new comers confused in some areas that and if they did Fate it would just be the same show but with better visuals and without the unnecessary UBW and HF elements, so maybe when they're done with heaven's feel movies I'd say it's possible Ufotable could do the Fate route as a series of OVA's
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1