• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yo-kai Watch 3 Game Announced With USA Setting

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amara Tenoh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:38 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this new USA setting has anything to do with the Yo-kai series also coming to North America.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
Somehow I just have this nagging feeling that the U.S. will be limited to only the third title of Yōkai Watch, considering that the characters will be undergoing Americanization with their names.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
Heheh, they sure do know their marketing. Hollywood does the same thing too, to appeal to markets they want to cover next. And Pokemon did as well.

Murder, She wrote:

The game will take place in the fictional town of Saint Peanutsburg (a pun on the Russian city) in the United States, where Keita will live in a large two-story house and have access to the Johnson Space Center.

There is a well-known St. Petersburg too in Florida, considered part of the Tampa Bay metro area.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Somehow I just have this nagging feeling that the U.S. will be limited to only the third title of Yōkai Watch, considering that the characters will be undergoing Americanization with their names.

That's what most of the comments were. Tbh, I hope we actually get all 3 eventually.
xBTAx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Jex2193 wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:

That's what most of the comments were. Tbh, I hope we actually get all 3 eventually.

Based on some stuff from earlier this year it seems we might get 2 to start with rather than the original game. I don't think we'll start with 3, though.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:06 am Reply with quote
Well, I hope the first two titles will make it. Yōkai Watch just wouldn't be complete without them.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Amara Tenoh wrote:
I wonder if this new USA setting has anything to do with the Yo-kai series also coming to North America.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:

Yeah I have the same feeling Yo-kai Watch 3. I think they made it take place in US to coincide with it's US release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Pleinair92

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Naturally, this game will feature classic American monsters like the jackalope, the sidehill gouger, the hide-behind, the argopelter, the squonk, the hodag, the wendigo, the thunderbird, the goofus bird, the jersey devil, and the hoop snake, right?

Right?

...Dammit.
BlueBitterCoffee

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:47 am Reply with quote
Pleinair92 wrote:
Naturally, this game will feature classic American monsters like the jackalope, the sidehill gouger, the hide-behind, the argopelter, the squonk, the hodag, the wendigo, the thunderbird, the goofus bird, the jersey devil, and the hoop snake, right?

Right?

...Dammit.

Yeah so far I think they missed an opportunity there...so far it looks like monsters made up of stereotypical things japan associated with the u.s.a
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1