• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, April 26-May 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lys

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
There's a new Itazura na Kiss volume?! Wow!! I thought I was supposed to give up on that one. I'll be on the lookout for it!

(edit: this lists v12, but it looks like v10 is the last one I got, mid-last-year, and Amazon lists both v11 and v12 for July 7 2015. So... huh. DMP's website said v11 was scheduled for November but there's no evidence that actually happened. I guess my comic shop should get whatever comes out, whenever it comes out, since I've subscribed to the series...)
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, from what I can tell Digital Manga hasn't published anything new in print on their regular schedule since November 2014. I've been keeping an eye out for certain books. I believe Finder 7 was the only title scheduled from November onward that is out so far. Edit: Wait there was one of the Project-H titles that made it out in print too, Witchcraft. That doesn't count Captain Ken which had a Kickstarter and is available.

They've been saying the delay is from switching to a new printer, production slowdown, distributor...

I'm not counting on getting their books I ordered from my regular store. I couldn't get the last one in October easily at all. So, umm good luck lys & anybody else.

Last edited by katscradle on Fri May 01, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
@lys
April 29th was the proposed ship date for Itazura na Kiss volume 12 when they solicited it in Previews. However, they still haven't shipped volume 11 which had a proposed ship date of November 26th (solicited in the September Previews). I'm not sure when they last shipped a title but I haven't gotten any since June (Alice the 101st).

They are still paying to solicit titles in the latest Previews which came out this past Wednesday so maybe they aren't gone yet.
Nazca Lily #837256

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 9:31 pm Reply with quote
The manga from DMP/Juné Even So, I Will Love You Tenderly shouldn't be on the list at all. It is in limbo and they may use it as a future Kickstarter incentive.

All of the Finder series has been reprinted (through the recent Kickstarter for it) and are available through their store, but none of the retailers have the volumes listed as available.

I want to get some of the Juné titles that are supposed to come out already, but am holding low expectations for them to getting around to releasing the manga on a timely manner. Rolling Eyes
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:44 am Reply with quote
I asked DMP on Twitter a while back how many volumes ItaKiss was going to be and they said 11.
revolutionotaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:10 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to see that Kitty Media is back in business again.
Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1