• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kare Baka Gag Manga Gets Anime Adaptation Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
Aww this looks cute. I wonder if it will be a TV series although I think it may be likely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
At least it's not the stereotypical shoujo romance and they're already together as a couple, so this has my support.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
If Funi licenses this, they could put the tag off "From 1 of the creators of Bamboo Blade" to get more attention.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Synopsis reminded me a bit of Kyō no Yuiko-san, somehow...

Kadmos1 wrote:
If Funi licenses this, they could put the tag off "From 1 of the creators of Bamboo Blade" to get more attention.

While I searched around for the author's previous works, to get a sense of their general artistic direction, I stumbled across quite a few praises about Bamboo Blade, is it worth it?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

While I searched around for the author's previous works, to get a sense of their general artistic direction, I stumbled across quite a few praises about Bamboo Blade, is it worth it?
It definitely is. Just don't go in expecting a hardcore sports drama. It leans more towards slice of life, only it actually does show the characters practicing regularly. It's sweet, funny, and the Kendo matches can get pretty intense.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:
At least it's not the stereotypical shoujo romance and they're already together as a couple, so this has my support.

This. I always like having a series where the relationship is there from the start. Would like to see more stuff like this, but understand that it is rare in fiction. Since, for many, the pay off for a series is when they get together.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
_Cyphon_ wrote:

I wonder if this is more in shoujo than shounen where they are already a couple. Such a situation would make it unique among harem manga and LNs.
ptj_tsubasa

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
The Young Animal family of magazines is aimed at the seinen audience, by the way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1