• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Castle Town Dandelion Anime's 1st Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Kana Hanazawa as the lead role in this huh? The premise of this sounds funny although I'm not very impressed by the PV. The diverse cast of characters looks like it could be fun though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The premise of this sounds funny although I'm not very impressed by the PV.

Just do as I do, blame that 240p. I mean seriously, 240p? On a widescreen, high-resolution monitor, it was mostly pixelated and hard to discern some moments in the video.

I do like that reality-show premise.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Well this should be a relatively short series then, we already know Kana Hanazawa is the Queen (of Seiyuu's). Wink

Still the PV looked pretty cool and the premise sounds interesting or at least good for a chuckle. I'd say the siblings individual powers give the impression of being quite simple and restrained, but could be used to good affect.

Admittedly I hadn't heard anything about this upcoming anime adaptation till now, but I'm eager to see what it's like. Regardless of how Castle Town Dandelion actually turns out, it appears to be worth a watch in the very least.

Honestly though with KanaHana and Ai Kayano in the cast I don't really need much of an incentive to check it out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:12 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:

I do like that reality-show premise.

a.k.a. "9 Teen And Counting" Laughing
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:15 am Reply with quote
Hm, the female to guy ratio is 3:1 huh. Not sure how well this will do. Slapstick comedies usually are hit or miss.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
This seems like it could be a very interesting series. The idea has a lot of merit, and ever since Tiger and Bunny, I feel extremely confident giving the benefit of the doubt to series that use reality shows as a basis.

The only thing that I'm worried about here is the possibility that the comedy may fall flat very quickly. While I'm definitely going to give this series a go (it's been a while since I watched a series where Kana Hanazawa was the lead after all) I'm hoping that it remains enjoyable. Many of the 4-koma series that get adapted are quite fun after all (Yamada's First Time, Seitokai Yakuindomo and Azumanga Daioh are prime examples) and if this one fails, it would be a real disappointment.
Izu0

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:02 am Reply with quote
You have cute little brother ?-chan! :3
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1