• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, July 26-August 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulo27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Finally, Monster Farm.
Wildcat17

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea of this new Chi's Sweet Home release. I'm really glad!
trilaan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Every other place on the internet(except the Dark Horse site) says the Oh My Goddess Omnibus won't be out until August 11. What gives?
kyokun47

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Can anyone confirm whether or not the release for Recently, My Sister Is Unusual is uncensored? The release is rated 16+ on RightStuf, which worries me as I would expect a 17+ rating at least for this show.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:19 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
Can anyone confirm whether or not the release for Recently, My Sister Is Unusual is uncensored? The release is rated 16+ on RightStuf, which worries me as I would expect a 17+ rating at least for this show.
What is there to censor?
kyokun47

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
kyokun47 wrote:
What is there to censor?

There were a lot of censors made on the broadcast version of the show. I stopped watching after the first episode because of the censors, but I was intrigued by the premise and I'm considering buying it. The chastity belt had a huuuuge heart-shaped censor over it most of the time, and I'm pretty sure there were black lines everywhere.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:
Paulo27 wrote:
kyokun47 wrote:
What is there to censor?

There were a lot of censors made on the broadcast version of the show. I stopped watching after the first episode because of the censors, but I was intrigued by the premise and I'm considering buying it. The chastity belt had a huuuuge heart-shaped censor over it most of the time, and I'm pretty sure there were black lines everywhere.
Ah, sorry, I mixed it up with another anime, I remember that now.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice, I've got new Fairy Tail, A Silent Voice, and Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches heading my way!

On ImoCho, not worth a buy IMO because they practically spoiler[end up hitting a reset button by exposing another level of stairs...just when progress seem to be happening]. As for the censoring, seen comments saying that the Japanese BDs didn't contain anything worthwhile.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
kyokun47 wrote:

Nothing 17+ about it. It's 'entry' level fanservice at most. Yosuga No Sora has a 16+ rating and it has the brother boning his sister. Don't worry too much about age ratings. They are often very misleading or set incorrectly because of the stupidest things.

That being said I think there's a delay on RS getting copies of ImoCho. Had it on preorder and now it's just showing as out of stock. No big loss only bought it because it was cheap but still!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1