• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Yoshi's Woolly World

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Brief bits where Yoshi transforms into alternate forms make a return, and are thankfully devoid of the awful gyro-gimmick controls that made them such a miserable experience in Yoshi's New Island.

I didn't have any problems controlling Yoshi as various vehicles in Yoshi's New Island. That being said, I also played WarioWare: Twisted! very extensively prior to that, so by then, the pre-3DS gyro controls became second-nature to me.

On the other hand, Yoshi's New Island felt oddly bland to me, and I can't really pinpoint why. Maybe it's because it made no attempt to look like anything other than a mission pack sequel for Yoshi's Island. That being said, I started playing Yoshi games with Yoshi's Story, so it was probably more than just that.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
The ultimate test would be, "Can you play it without thinking of Sony's Little Big Planet?"
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:21 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion, Woolly World is a bit better than New Island and Story.

But still pretty average in terms of gameplay, albeit the art style gives the game points tho.
Hanatarot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:44 pm Reply with quote
I actually liked the music in the game. Get an A+ in my opinion. Bette then Yoshi New Island!
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Hanatarot wrote:
I actually liked the music in the game. Get an A+ in my opinion. Bette then Yoshi New Island!

Original Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story will take the cake any day coming from an old school gamer.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1