• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Love Live! School Idol Festival Game App Sales Dip

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omiya

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Upcoming film? June 2015 has been and gone, and I missed the only local screening Sad .
consignia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
To be fair, it's had an School Idol Festival has a good run. Hitting loads of numbers with a very basic but fun game. I can imagine people are just getting tired of it, since it is a real grind even if you spend money. The new updates haven't added enough. Personally I gave it up completely a few months ago.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Had the Bleach anime returned, there would have been an increase. Wink
誤称

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Does this take into account the bug in the Apple version which did not allow purchases to be made during this time period?
Olengie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Been playing it since release and I only got 1 Ultra Rare sans the free ones.. and that was recent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
This "anon" person who wrote it is a journalist ?

Bring back an "info" from a site VIA an other must be to be real ?

I think you speak about the ENGLISH version of the app. In Europe and USA serie Finished since more ' one year.

So the new generation of potential viewers doesnt know love live.
When the movie will come soon in EU & USA, the news incriptions will increase.

Moreover, LL app has still "old" fans of the series, theyre always there.

Maybe New series sells, but its not the LLHSF case yet.

Please make the effort to rencarder before bring back from a site via an other
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I can sadly admit to having dropped hundreds of dollars on this dumb game...and last month was a Maki UR so I dropped a little more cash trying (and failing) to get her. Doesn't really surprise me that there's a dip though, going off of the activity of the Facebook group. A lot of people are growing bored, and a lot of others are all up in arms about Love Live Sunshine and how they're boycotting muse because THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE. etc.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
LLSIF will probably start slowly winding down as they gear up to the Aqours game launch. Aqours only has three songs at the moment though so I think it will be a little while until their game is released. I hope they'll improve the game and not just rerelease LLSIF but with Aqours.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
CallumKeyblade wrote:
LLSIF will probably start slowly winding down as they gear up to the Aqours game launch. Aqours only has three songs at the moment though so I think it will be a little while until their game is released. I hope they'll improve the game and not just rerelease LLSIF but with Aqours.

I'm hoping they keep the same game, but just start releasing Aquors cards. It'd really suck to see all of my time and money go down the drain if they just stopped LLSIF....
NormanS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
As a person who is playing free, and got some ultra-rares. This game needs more evolution or innovation to make the game more fresh, the events right now are a good step, but thats the only thing thats kept me playing. Plus it doesnt help that the game itself is getting massive from endless song additions.

As a fan of Love live, this game is draining... im at the point where listening to any of the songs on my free time would bring back horrible audio "timing queues" from the game. Anime hyper
synaia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Japanese version of SIF already has the aquors songs in-game, doesn't really look like they'll give it a separate game right now. Gotta wait to see if they'll also get added as cards. (English SIF is horrible compared to Japanese SIF anyway but that's a story for another time)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
LLSIF is not just a rhythm game and collect cards

Its also a good script immersive in a VN with voices and nice pictures.

Perhaps players forgot that, unfortunately
Dannyhibiki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
SIF is really starting to show its age, especially compared to idolm@ster Cinderella Girls: Starlight Stage, which released in Japan in.....September. Doubt that's a coincidence.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Love Live really needs an update in terms of App. Something similar to what the new iDOLM@STER game is doing with the full 3D and more customization/things to level up would no doubt be a huge hit. It's not like the overall franchise sales are sagging, the games just getting old already, when it was designed it was just supposed to be a very simple rhythm game farmed out to KLab where they had no idea that it was going to become such a huge hit franchise. Also the game aspect is about the only part of the multimedia project that Love Live just never got quite right.

consignia wrote:
To be fair, it's had an School Idol Festival has a good run. Hitting loads of numbers with a very basic but fun game. I can imagine people are just getting tired of it, since it is a real grind even if you spend money. The new updates haven't added enough. Personally I gave it up completely a few months ago.

Personally I've been playing FF Record Keeper more later. A lot less grinding, far more to do and customize and just more forgiving with the stamina and replenishment options overall. Love Live has some curious design choices they never quite fixed like the general uselessness of money which you never run out of and scarcity of the significantly more important Love Gems unless you buy them.
consignia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
School Idol Festival (SIF) really is generous for what it is. You get a decent rhythm game with an extensive catalog of u's songs which you can get a lot out of without paying at all. It looks a bit simplistic, but it really works for a touch screen game.

Starlight Stage looks flashy, but it's an absolute dog to play, with constant loading screens and competely messy gameplay segments.

SIF also doesn't have the problems that a lot of it's gatcha ilk have; having ridiculous amounts of currencies. I'm playing School Girl Strikers and Pop-up Story at the moment, and the amount of different currencies they have to confuse you into paying real money is absurd.

Last edited by consignia on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2