• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Top-Selling Light Novels in Japan by Volume: 2015

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Awesome job, Naruto novels!! (from the person who bought all of them)
But I wish that the Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu novels would get higher! Please! Even though we only had one novel this year... And didn't have much time before the ranking...
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
^Another DYD fan. Yay! I feel you. Sad

#3-6. So glad to see them there. Smile

Our goddess Hestia wants you to know that not only does she have quality, but she also has quantity. ALL HAIL HESTIA!
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Lol so Aria finally fell, huh? It was only a matter of time
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:32 am Reply with quote
With Overlord at #4 in the top-selling by series, I expected to see more than just one volume at the per volume ranking as well. Glad Index is still doing alright, and when are we getting more Nisio anime? The Okitegami LN seems really succesful and it even has a live-action adaptation.
Glupscher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:45 am Reply with quote
Good to see Onii-sama going strong! I know many people are scared away by the anime adaption but the books are reall well-written.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:38 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Our goddess Hestia wants you to know that not only does she have quality, but she also has quantity. ALL HAIL HESTIA!

Quality? The light novels? I'm not sure that's how I would describe them. The flow is OK, but there are a lot of scenes where if I hadn't seen the anime I'd be pretty confused. Like when a group of characters are talking together and there's absolutely no indication of who's talking. Or when new characters are introduced without any description given, sometimes not even their race. The most glaring example is when the Loki Familia arrives at the bar and we don't even realize Loki is there with them until towards the end of the scene and even then we don't finally get a proper idea of what she looks like and how she dresses until way later. It reads a lot like a visual novel in book form without the pictures and the name prompts.

That's not to say it's unreadable and I plan to continue buying them. Especially now knowing how many odd little changes the anime made over the novel. In particular the title makes a lot more sense in the novel than the anime. Bell has a lot going on in his mind and none of it made it into the anime.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Awesome job, Naruto novels!! (from the person who bought all of them)
But I wish that the Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu novels would get higher! Please! Even though we only had one novel this year... And didn't have much time before the ranking...

not quite. its good that the naruto novels are doing well.unfortunately its also a bad thing. REALLY REALLY BAD!!

the reason why is that cause their doing pretty decent, both committees for the manga and anime properties would want to milk the series as much as they can even though the author have washed his hands of the franchise. which is why fans of the series are concerned about their license holders might try and pull a DBGT on us to stretch it out as far as they can.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1