• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Right Stuf, Inc. and Sunrise Inc. Announce Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam Part 1 for March 1, 2016 Rel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I love Zeta Gundam. I first watched it online (sue me, the DVDs were out of print, there was no legal streaming, and Amazon had the DVDs for almost 500 dollars per volume) in the English Dub. Blue Water Studios does terrible work most of the time, and I'm sure the Japanese dub was amazing, but this was... perhaps their "least worst" dub work. Everyone sounded fine to me, though I wish Bandai had just gotten Bang Zoom to do it since Ocean Group was unavailable. The worst you can say about it is that it sounds like one of the better dubs from the early to mid 90's, despite the fact that it was localized in 2005. By those standards, it was bad, but as far as bad dubs go, I'd still choose this over Sentai's dubs of Parasyte and Clannad.

The one thing I want out of this release is the original OP and ED to remain in tact. If that isn't done, I'll be very upset.
--
Annoying. It has the same bad dub and the same altered opening and ending. I thought 15 years would be enough time to move past these copyright things! Jeez!

[Do not double-post. Use the Edit button instead. ~Zalis]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1