• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Etotama [Collector's Edition] Sub.Blu-Ray 1+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
Great review! I've all but abandoned harem series in recent years, but for some reason, this show just kind of clicked with me. I enjoyed a lot of the humor and appreciated the fact that the fanservice elements were never so prevalent as to be pandering. It helped that only one of the girls (possibly two) were into the male lead. That said, I completely understand why this series isn't everyone's cup of tea.
chito895

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:32 am Reply with quote
I dropped it at the middle of the anime, but might watch it again for the sake of finishing it. My main problem was Nya-tan. I found her annoying, and the fact the she wouldn't stop talking made me even more annoyed and angrier. Other than that, the humour didn't quite work, especially when breaking the fourth wall (and that's something I usually find funny).

Nice review!
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
To say it was overlooked would imply you missed something by doing so. Another A+ release from PonyCam.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed this show as it aired but its not worth over 100$ even at base.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I don't know, I must have a weird viewing of it. I think the series was something that hit my taste perfectly. Most of the humour worked for me, animation was gorgeous, I found it quite novel how Nya-tan was purposely made annoying, and interesting how it was played into plot.

I can't say I would pay that much for it, but it is not the Australian release even if there will be one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1