• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Active Raid Anime Gets Digital Manga in Shonen Jump+

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, also a manga adaptation...

Now I wonder how this will correlate with the anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
While the manga was announced after the anime and the anime could be considered the source material since it was announced/developed first, it's which version that gets released first that I deem the "original version".

Its anime version is the series I am most anticipating and I want there to be a simulcast. If there was, I would figure that Viz, Aniplex, Daisuki, Sentai, CR, or Funi would have announced it by now. If there is to be simulcast, if it's not a delaycast, it would likely stream on TH/Fri. Howeve, any of these 6 companies might announce a simulcast, as this sometimes happens.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
It would be a shame if nobody picks this up for legal streaming. There seems to be a lot of hype around this in Japan, since it's been getting lots of coverage in the news, and from earlier than most of the other shows. However, there doesn't seem to be much hype around this this side of the pond. Same with KyoAni's Myriad Colors Phantom World. It's been getting news coverage steadily for at least 2 months now, but once again, little hype around it here.

I'm hyped for both shows though, can't wait to see how the stories turns out!
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:20 am Reply with quote
I assume there are a few possible scenarios:

a) The series is ultimately going to be picked up for streaming by either Viz or Crunchyroll (Sentai as a distant third possibility) but the negotiations may still be in progress for unknown reasons.

b) It's not going to be picked up immediately, because the companies who might do so are waiting for reactions to the show on both sides of the pond in order to know if it's worthwhile.

c) ????
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:39 am Reply with quote
Has Crunchyroll even announced any shows they will be streaming yet?

[Edit] Checked their website. There's still a few open brackets for shows that they say they will announce soon. Hopefully Active Raid is among them.
Merxamers

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:23 am Reply with quote
Hadn't heard of this one before, but the creative team sounds impressive; the dialogue by the writer of Spice and Wolf and Maoyu? The director of Maria the Virgin Witch? Consider me intrigued.
Rika Hue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Merxamers wrote:
Hadn't heard of this one before, but the creative team sounds impressive; the dialogue by the writer of Spice and Wolf and Maoyu? The director of Maria the Virgin Witch? Consider me intrigued.

Have you seen Code Geass? I think that's a pretty good showcase of the director's talents, and it's what sold me on Active Raid in the first place. Though, I must say, Maria the Virgin Witch was more well-put together and consistent as a whole. I'm also intrigued, and can't wait to see where the story goes!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1