• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yōjo Senki Light Novel Series Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:44 am Reply with quote
I hope they make something good out of this but not sure if they can. I'm actually kinda surprised that it's getting an anime.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
trilaan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:48 am Reply with quote
I'm always up for a new male to female gender bender....so I'm interested. But I have no clue if the content will be enjoyable.
Rensie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:30 am Reply with quote
The art is amazing, count me in.
乞わん

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:31 am Reply with quote
Removed insult. --willag

I fully hope local ANN reviewers will call it out for massive amounts of anti-progressive ideology it'll contain.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 am Reply with quote
乞わん wrote:
Removed insult. --willag

I fully hope local ANN reviewers will call it out for massive amounts of anti-progressive ideology it'll contain.

Really.....there is a word for that, it is called evil. Without evil, you wouldn't have any drama. A world without evil, would be a world of non stop slice of life.
乞わん

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:57 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Really.....there is a word for that, it is called evil. Without evil, you wouldn't have any drama. A world without evil, would be a world of non stop slice of life.

What kind of blind shot is this?

In this novel the evil is represented by the protagonist. The novels revels in it. Glorifies it.
Veniamin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
乞わん wrote:
Removed insult. --willag

Removed insult. You're welcome to re-address the issue in a less confrontational manner. --willag
Saffire

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:01 am Reply with quote
This is a really silly argument to be having without any context regarding what's actually in the book.
乞わん

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Saffire wrote:
This is a really silly argument to be having without any context regarding what's actually in the book.

Strictly speaking mostly text and some pictures.

And opressive ideologies. Works promoting them have no place it today's progressive age.

Since the reviews on this site usually aren't afraid to call out various anime for their unsavory parts, I thought the users would champion progress too, but it seems I was wrong.
consignia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
I wanted to find more about this series, so I googled "幼女戦記", and Google popped up a warning saying it's filtered out the term 幼女. Possibly sensible, but the association with anything illicit has put me off the series somewhat.
Nice Tea

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
乞わん wrote:
Removed insult. --willag

Removed insult. --willag

I suppose you've read enough of the novel to come to this "conclusion", why did you waste your time reading it if you disliked it that much?

Reading the Bible or the Koran doesn't turn you in a believer, reading Mein Kampf doesn't mean you agree with the ideology behind
Veniamin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
乞わん wrote:
Saffire wrote:

And opressive ideologies. Works promoting them have no place it today's progressive age.

Since the reviews on this site usually aren't afraid to call out various anime for their unsavory parts, I thought the users would champion progress too, but it seems I was wrong.

Removed insult. --willag If your progress is censoring and feeling offended by every little reference to Nazi Germany, I would NOT MIND being called one. Humanity has had good and bad moments in their History and I'm fairly certain this LN isn't going to take itself seriously. Removed insult. --willag
fenlydesmond

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 am Reply with quote
乞わん wrote:
Saffire wrote:

I'll bite.
The world is based on World War 1, the Iron Cross has been around 1800s, and was simply redesigned and still up for decorating.

Deus vult (Latin for "God wills it") was the cry of the people at the declaration of the First Crusade by Pope Urban II at the Council of Clermont in 1095 when the Eastern Orthodox Church requested help in defense from Islamic invasions beginning with the Muslim conquests.

consignia wrote:
I wanted to find more about this series, so I googled "幼女戦記", and Google popped up a warning saying it's filtered out the term 幼女. Possibly sensible, but the association with anything illicit has put me off the series somewhat.

It means Loli Battle Chronicles.
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:24 am Reply with quote
Didn't take much effort at all for a single troll to derail this thread.
aereus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:34 am Reply with quote
"Underneath the facade of this girl lies a monster." ?
Certainly a page-turner obi message, thats for sure.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3