• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shirobako Twitter Account Posts About 'Unrelated' Movie Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:48 am Reply with quote
a new P.A. Works movie? yes please!!!
Revan32

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:04 am Reply with quote
It was posted on the Shirobako account, but it's not related to the series?

Maybe the Third Aerial Girls Squad is getting a movie? * . *
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
I suppose it's a prequel about their highschool lives... Shocked
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:31 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I suppose it's a prequel about their highschool lives... 8O

This was my thought too. Recent chapters of Shirobako in Dengeki Daioh have all been set in high school, and they just collected that stuff into a second manga volume, as seen in a tweet a few days ago.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:36 am Reply with quote
If it's unrelated to Shirobako then I doubt it'd have the same main cast as Shirobako, and I doubt it'd be a movie version of one of Musashino's projects from the show either.

Very odd to post this on the official Shirobako twitter though. If it means getting more good stuff from the same team I'll be looking forward to it.
TheRahi00

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:43 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
I suppose it's a prequel about their highschool lives... Shocked

Since it's unrelated this won't be the case.
consignia

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:51 am Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:

This was my thought too. Recent chapters of Shirobako in Dengeki Daioh have all been set in high school, and they just collected that stuff into a second manga volume, as seen in a tweet a few days ago.

I haven't read it, but isn't the entirity of the manga set in the school days? I thought it was supposed to be a prequel. The subtitle on the cover implies as such.

Shirobako is probably one of my favourite series ever, and I wouldn't it's rich cast of characters and relatively unique setting to be cast off for more high school girl antics.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:32 am Reply with quote
This is incredibly confusing. A second season has essentially been confirmed by the director but he said it would take a few years until he was free enough to work on it. So this begs the question, what the heck is happening here? Why announce a new project for sonething unrelated on their account?

I agree that Shirobako is one of my favorites but wgat exactly are they trying to tell us with this?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:55 am Reply with quote
Maybe it's that movie that the girls wanted to create. Forgot its name, Seven Pirates of the Skies or something?

Edit: the name of the in-show anime was Seven Lucky Battle Gods/Shinbutsu Konkō Shichifukujin.
Eisenmann V

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
A second season has essentially been confirmed by the director but he said it would take a few years until he was free enough to work on it.

Wait, seriously? I'd love to see a source on that, because I'd like season 2 but really haven't seen anything that makes me think it's happening.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
This is incredibly confusing. A second season has essentially been confirmed by the director but he said it would take a few years until he was free enough to work on it. So this begs the question, what the heck is happening here? Why announce a new project for sonething unrelated on their account?

I agree that Shirobako is one of my favorites but wgat exactly are they trying to tell us with this?

this was most likely already in development when he said this. I think really want this means is the same director, writer, producers, designer, and particular PA Works team that worked on Shirobako are banding together again in making a new movie. it'll probably it's own original self contained film project, which should be exciting because PA Works have barely done any films
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Remember, this is also the guy that directed Girls und Panzer. He's a very hot commodity among recent directors and I don't have to say 'people are probably lining up to hand him bags of money to make sequels,' because they are.

So far most of his recent works that have been highly prized are all things I'm a fan of, so whatever comes next is what I want and need.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:20 pm Reply with quote
A lot of people throwing around the idea of a prequel, I think a fun idea for a movie prequel would show them making their little student film from concept to finish.

Or you could go distant sequel route and their little student film becomes a reality! Either way, I want more Shirobako, dag nabbit!
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Oh man, I didn't even know there was a Shirobako manga! I loved this series and would totally love more - I kind of wanted to see what would happen with the anime mentioned in the last episode spoiler[Two Piece ]. To me, if this actually is a Shirobako movie, then it does sound like it would be one of the things they worked on rather than a follow-up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1