• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New .hack//G.U. Trilogy OVA Set for January 25 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Whoa! So they're animating the three games into an OAV series? That's great and unexpected news! I can't wait to see this. Even though the games are getting poor reviews I love this series. I picked up volume 3 last Tuesday (pre-ordered) and quickly put 11 straight hours into it. Haven't had much time to play since, but I plan on getting seven or eight hours into it tonight. This news has really made my night.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
I'm a huge fan of .hack as well. Though I doubt they'll be straight animating the games, since it sounds like it's going to be just one episode, it may be more of a sidestory during the events of, or even a sequel to, the games, kind of like the extra DVD-only episodes of .hack//SIGN. But either way, HD .hack is pure win! Anime hyper
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:18 am Reply with quote
I'm leaning more towards an animated version of the more condensed manga take on the series. The official .hack fan site AltimitCorp.com posted some additional information:

Quote:
.hack//G.U. Trilogy Announced!
Happy news for .hack//G.U. fans everywhere... CyberConnect2 announced yesterday the 13th .hack//G.U. Trilogy. Another game? Oh no. This is an 80-minute CG animation being released on DVD and Bluray in Japan on January 25, 2008.

.hack//G.U. Trilogy is directed by the G.U. games director and CC2 president Hiroshi Matsuyama (who has participated in exclusive Q&A sessions right here on Altimit Corp). Trilogy will retell the story of the games from the .hack//G.U. series with a higher level of cinematic detail. Trilogy will include 10 minutes of bonus features, and a “Parody Mode”, not seen since the Japanese release of the first four .hack games. There will also be a limited edition, which will include a full color ".hack//G.U. World Guide."

Both formats will allow you to enjoy the .hack//G.U. story in full surround sound, with the Bluray format allowing for 1080p high-definition viewing. The DVD format will retail for 7,140 Yen (approx. $62.28) and the Bluray format will retail for 10,290 Yen (approx. $89.77).

More information coming soon!

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:44 pm Reply with quote
looks like most japanese anime are going to the blu-ray direction. where is the HD-dvd love?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:45 pm Reply with quote
My username says it all: I'm a .hack fan. I love the story, regardless of the reviews the games are receiving, so it's inferred that I have to check this out. Of course, I am trying to see/read/play everything. I only wish more of the manga and novels were brought over here. I'm always excited when there's a new release. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1