• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Assassination Classroom Anime's 2nd Season to Cover Manga's Ending

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:03 pm Reply with quote
That does seem a bit rushed. I think it would make more sense to do a 3rd TV season next year so they have time to develop the last few volumes.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Cool. I thought we might see a movie later on to wrap up since the people making the anime might not have had enough time to plan for including the ending. Nice to see that this one will actually have a conclusion.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Good to hear! It happens way to much that a manga doesnt get all the way adapted. 47 episodes in total, I do say that is good adaption Very Happy. Woulndt mind some OVA's or a movie Razz.
irfanf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:15 pm Reply with quote
100~ish chapters covered in 25~ish episode? interesting
considering they've covered up to chapter 100~ish on episode 7, this could potentially work out.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
irfanf wrote:
100~ish chapters covered in 25~ish episode? interesting
considering they've covered up to chapter 100~ish on episode 7, this could potentially work out.

They seem to be adapting like Rie Matsumoto adapted Kekkai Sensen (without anime orignal ending) which I personally loved. Should be interesting
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Questionable decision, I fear even more chapters will be cut or some chapters sped up greatly. Sad
livinew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
We'll see how it turns out. I thought we were going to get a short 3rd season (maybe 12 episodes) that would cover the manga's ending. Guess not. I hope this won't be a bad decision.
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. I was wondering what they were going to do; I figured something like a short 3rd season, but I fear this may end up being rushed. Oh well, we'll see.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
And there you have it. The most wondered question in the universe has been answered. Lol
irfanf

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Questionable decision, I fear even more chapters will be cut or some chapters sped up greatly. Sad

that's possible, but i think lerche is doing a great job adapting the manga so far.

The episodes will probably be like this (kinda spoilery btw)
http://pastebin.com/sk6bL0SE
wolf10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll admit I started worrying when the Cops and Robbers game ended up sandwiched between two other vignettes in an episode, but it looks like the plan from here on is to take just the relevant information from the stand-alone chapters and fit it into the larger arcs as organically as they can.

They've already cut spoiler[Red Eye getting taken out by the Reaper], but considering how that ultimately played out it makes sense not to dedicate runtime to it. There are a few other chapters (like Valentine's Day) that only existed to assassinate the sort of subtext that Seiji Kishi loves playing up, so those might not make it either. A few of the cut chapters could even end up as OAVs down the line.

The goal isn't to replace the manga entirely, so much as create a series that sells itself and boosts manga sales as well. They're doing a pretty good job with that.
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:56 pm Reply with quote
both happy and disappointed.
Disappointed because i really wanted lerche to try a movie.
But happy because i really didn't want this to end up being an adaptation before anime type of series. I really loved this weeks episode. it was brilliant AS an anime episode, which i prefer greatly to being brilliant as an adaptation, because my experience with well adapted shows has not been great lately (parasyte Evil or Very Mad still think the faithful adaptation ruined that as a series)

I just want one of my favourite anime to be an anime, I wouldn't even mind anime original once it was good.

I'm glad they chose this route over season 3 tbh....
[Before anyone rants - Yes I know i have an unpopular opinion. But Its my opinion]
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:12 pm Reply with quote
So sorry for this.....TOTALLY CALLED IT! The moment I read that the manga would be endng soon, I knew this would coincide with the anime!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
There will most likely be cuts, just depends on what chapters they plan to omit so I hope they keep the ones that are important and entertaining.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Look, at least it's better than the anime of Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, Matsui's first and previous work. They didn't even go into the New Bloodline arc!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2