• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dynasty Warriors Franchise Gets Strategy RPG

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
I am completely and totally down for this because I love strategy RPGS and I love Dynasty Warriors so combining the two should be a win win for me.
ZetaZaku

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:07 pm Reply with quote
So essentially something like Dynasty Tactics? I love strategy RPGs, so it will be fun. Hopefully they port it to PC, I don't care if it doesn't have achievements or MK support.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
DW8:E was number 7 in japan?

Oh and it could be fun I guess, maybe they could do it in the style of der langrisser to keep the 1 v many feeling.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:42 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Oh and it could be fun I guess, maybe they could do it in the style of der langrisser to keep the 1 v many feeling.

Dynasty Warriors 1 was called Sangoku Musou in Japan. Dynasty Warriors 2 was called Shin Sangoku Musou (the gameplay style did completely change). Then that name stuck, and the numbers came in.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:47 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like it will be a bit like Kessen in it's battle system, an early 2000's RTS made by them and had 3 installments.
Gafynt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:01 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

The reason for this is because Dynasty Warriors came to the West first, as a fighting game. Dynasty Warriors was then released as a musou game that we know of by the time Dynasty Warrriors 2 came out. So yes. Japan is literally behind by one game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1