• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Skip Beat! Dub Casts Kyle McCarley, Todd Haberkorn, Bryce Papenbrook

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:21 am Reply with quote
Todd Haberkorn Really? One of the worst VAs out there. if I was a backer I would be asking for a refund. No wonder they didn't announce it until after they got everyones money.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:11 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Todd Haberkorn Really? One of the worst VAs out there. if I was a backer I would be asking for a refund. No wonder they didn't announce it until after they got everyones money.

Do you really think they cast Todd Haberkorn believing him to be a bad VA? Do you think they were so cognizant of his alleged badness that they consciously withheld his casting with the fear that it would turn people away from the project?
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

Do you even like dubs or dub VAs? From what I can gather, you do not. Todd is a great VA. He's the AJ Styles of voice acting. His flaws don't distract from the overall experience.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:24 am Reply with quote
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Do you even like dubs or dub VAs? From what I can gather, you do not.
Some of my favourite VAs are; Steve Blum, Liam O'Brien, Chris Patton, Crispin Freeman, Luci Christian, Wendee Lee and Kari Wahlgren. I just don't like him because he has no talent, well apart from playing old people, he did great as Rowen in Tales of Xillia. But apart from that I find him awful, he has a horrible grating voice, and overacts a lot of his roles, other times he goes the exact opposite and is dull and lifeless. Go look at his roles in Claymore, Binbougami ga!, Blood Lad and Fairy tail.
azhanei

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
Look at the screen name. It screams "troller." And since there's no factual misinformation in it, ignore it.

We're at $223,830 with 24 minutes to go. We're aiming for $225,000. If you've been sitting on the fence, or are just hearing about it (a few of our new backers were in that boat), come on down! Last chance for campaign exclusives.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:49 am Reply with quote
azhanei wrote:
Look at the screen name. It screams "troller."
My screen name comes from Cowboy bebop, and no I'm not trolling, I just happen to think someone is bad at what they do.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
NearEasternerJ1 wrote:
Do you even like dubs or dub VAs? From what I can gather, you do not.
Some of my favourite VAs are; Steve Blum, Liam O'Brien, Chris Patton, Crispin Freeman, Luci Christian, Wendee Lee and Kari Wahlgren. I just don't like him because he has no talent, well apart from playing old people, he did great as Rowen in Tales of Xillia. But apart from that I find him awful, he has a horrible grating voice, and overacts a lot of his roles, other times he goes the exact opposite and is dull and lifeless. Go look at his roles in Claymore, Binbougami ga!, Blood Lad and Fairy tail.

uhh I've watched good luck girl, and fairy tail, and i fail to see what was bad about his performances as those characters. Especially Natsu, I've watched both sub and dub on funimation and the voices are almost identical, in fact the dub voice's fit the characters better. You really are bias lol. Fairy tail has one of the best dubs like what else do you want me to say. smh
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 am Reply with quote
@Kb24lol Biased? I didn't even know who he was at first, how can I be biased towards him. Apart from Binbougami ga! and Blood Lad, I had never heard of the person before listening to his work, and I still didn't like them. OK maybe Fairy tail wasn't the best example since Natsu is poorly voiced in both languages, but the others are all fine examples.
Quote:
like what else do you want me to say. smh
I wasn't even talking to you anyway, did you make an account just to argue with me?

I don't think this is something we are going to agree on, you people seem to really like the guy for reasons, so maybe we should just leave it at that.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Todd Haberkorn Really?

I'm going to stop you right there.
Kb24lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
@Kb24lol Biased? I didn't even know who he was at first, how can I be biased towards him. Apart from Binbougami ga! and Blood Lad, I had never heard of the person before listening to his work, and I still didn't like them. OK maybe Fairy tail wasn't the best example since Natsu is poorly voiced in both languages, but the others are all fine examples.
Quote:
like what else do you want me to say. smh
I wasn't even talking to you anyway, did you make an account just to argue with me?

I don't think this is something we are going to agree on, you people seem to really like the guy for reasons, so maybe we should just leave it at that.

lmao ya i actually did just make an account to argue with you but i see, guess i could see where you're coming from because i haven't watched the other 2 shows, and good luck girl he's barely in it. I haven't watched blood lad or claymore so i cant say, but im all caught up on the dub of fairy tail, and his natsu is really really good lol. Really fits the character.
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay, enough with the Todd banter (I personally love him, but if Vic plays Adult Obito instead of him, I'll be really pissed because even though Vic is the perfect Kid Obito, his Adult Obito in UNS4 was incredibly forced compared to the slick portrayal by Todd in UNSR).

Anyway, this might be a good opportunity to get to know Kyle's voice before Gundam IBO comes out (when the hell is that dub coming out??). And let's face it - Bryce is good but now he's cast as many times as the Japanese actors are cast.
Zemnort

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome to voice your opinions whether they be good or bad. But to criticise someone in the way that you are doing is heartless and degrading. If you don't like him then fine, just don't drone on, acr cruel and be a jerk about it. Rolling Eyes
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Zemnort wrote:
You're welcome to voice your opinions whether they be good or bad. But to criticise someone in the way that you are doing is heartless and degrading. If you don't like him then fine, just don't drone on, acr cruel and be a jerk about it. Rolling Eyes

Actually you guys kind of provoked him.
PenguinPimp89

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Gemnist wrote:
Zemnort wrote:

Actually you guys kind of provoked him.

Actually, they were the one's that started the whole thing with their very first antagonistic post in this thread. I'm saying this as someone who just came across this board and just read over the thread.

So let me add my two cents. Yes, we're all entitled to our opinion and freedom of speech, but don't expect your peers to not hold you accountable when you say harsh things or make comments that others may find offensive. This is just common knowledge.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Ignoring the drama going on, I hope this turns out good
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2