• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rewrite TV Anime Features Untold '6th Route' About 'That Girl'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:00 am Reply with quote
Ooh an untold 6th route. Somehow, I'm getting the feeling that the series will be at least 2 cour now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
So....in that case, would 2-cour length (say 24-26 episodes) enough for that route then? For now, I do think the overall runtime could make or break this show
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
So is this something that can be enjoyed standalone or will it likely rely on my knowledge of the VN?
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:15 am Reply with quote
2-cours are needed regardless of this extra route.
IceKirby

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
Hopefully a 'Third Planet from the Magic Creamy Kagarin' route Smile
monkeysrumble

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:54 am Reply with quote
Wait... is "that girl" the reporter girl!? O_O
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:01 am Reply with quote
On one hand, i'm sad to see that this won't be exactly following the visual novel, and there were some scenes I was really looking forward to seeing animated.

One the other hand, this mentions this won't be an attempt to combine and cover all routes in one story, like Air, Kanon, and (sort of) Clannad. (haven't seen Little Busters yet) So a completely story focused around one of the girls should make for a better story, overall.

VN purists are going to be mad, but this was probably the best option for adapting Rewrite.
Jakerams

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:56 am Reply with quote
I hope they give us an episode count soon. Because Rewrite is definitely a series that will not do well without atleast 39 episodes and even that is too little. Preferably I would want Rewrite to have 48-52 episodes in total.

This new route seems like a good addition for Kagari though but it's kinda bad news without knowing an episode count.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
Hmm, makes me think I won't be too short changed going into this one, as I've not played the VN. I do empathise with fans of the VN that wanted an adaption close to the source, as I have seen adaptions of works I love change when adapted on film/tv.

Still, from what I've gathered, it does seem like it'd be an extremely diffcult task to adapt the VN as is. Seems like they believe this is the only way they can do a satisfying story. Hopefully this will, at least, be 2 cour.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:30 am Reply with quote
The 6th heroine...Inoue?! spoiler[I kid]

spoiler[Actually given how tragically Moon and Terra ended] I'm all for this.
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 am Reply with quote
I expect they will rewrite it to fit into two cours... [rim-shot]

Razor/Edge wrote:
One the other hand, this mentions this won't be an attempt to combine and cover all routes in one story, like Air, Kanon, and (sort of) Clannad. (haven't seen Little Busters yet) So a completely story focused around one of the girls should make for a better story, overall.

Did you read that somewhere else? I don't see it saying that... It could either mean that it will focus solely on the 6th, unwritten in the original, route or that it will ADD the 6th route and cover it as well...

In a way, I think it would be good to actually do it without trying to cover all of the routes, since that tends to lead to a lot of muddled episodes. (My personal take on Clannad is that you could take the two seasons, cut out many of the sections that don't directly apply to the end route, and make an incredibly powerful two cour series out of it. As it is it is still really great...)

I haven't had the opportunity to play the game yet, so I doubt that my enjoyment of the series would be impacted by this anyway... I will probably try to watch this one, as I have always heard good things about it...

Last edited by zensunni on Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:27 am Reply with quote
If it is who I think it is, then best girl gets a route!

Then again, they sort of did tell her story in Moon, so it might be someone else.
jasonthe13

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
This feels confusing so its a whole new story? >.....>
but the moon and tera route were nice.....
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
On one hand, i'm sad to see that this won't be exactly following the visual novel, and there were some scenes I was really looking forward to seeing animated.

VN purists are going to be mad, but this was probably the best option for adapting Rewrite.

Sadly, this isn't like other VNs. In Rewrite, spoiler[EVERY Route actually matters. They all actually DO happen and are relevant to the end story. Realizing this was one of the best parts of the VN for me personally.]. This is why so many people say "Rewrite anime won't work". It would require a lot of episodes (48ish) without adding anything. Adding a "6th" route is weird. They did say they were changing the middle and end of the story though....so this probably won't even be "Rewrite", but rather just an anime with the same name and characters, sadly.

In the end, the more I hear about this, the less excited I get and the more scared I get that my favorite VN's anime will be garbage. I really hope I'm wrong but 8-Bit pretty much as a 100% track record of making less than good adaptations and all these changes they're said they're making don't add up to promising stuff.
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:04 pm Reply with quote
@Kougeru
lol Romeo Tanaka is the one who will write the original route, also the anime episode count is controlled by Key and Aniplex.

stop mindlessly hating 8-bit lol.

Also according to the Comiket interviews, yes the anime will adapt all the routes, Tanaka said that the anime will follow the whole VN till the end, also one of the most recent interview with Romeo Tanaka mentions that Moon and Terra will be adapted.

So the Kagari route will be a whole new original thing, it was mentioned in Rewrite's official guidebook that Moon and Terra weren't written to make Kagari a heroine, and that her actual personality is portrayed in the Harvest Festa fandisk.

They want to insert Kagari's actual personality into the anime thats why the content will change a little bit.

Source: Myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1482310
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2