• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nintendo Plans Apps for Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Well these are of my favourite video game series' so I'm happy they were picked and am interested to see how well they work on a mobile platform
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:49 pm Reply with quote
My brother will be interested in the Fire Emblem one while my mother and I will be interested in the Animal Crossing one. Guess we'll have to keep our eyes and ears peeled for future updates on these games. Smile
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:18 pm Reply with quote
So they ARE working on something pertaining to Animal Crossing.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 am Reply with quote
Definitely will look at these once they're available. Maybe someday we may get a Mario game or two on mobile!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
stowrag

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Definitely will look at these once they're available. Maybe someday we may get a Mario game or two on mobile!

Personally, I've never really been comfortable with virtual touch screen joysticks/dpads. A tactics game like FE and a casual game like Animal Crossing makes much more sense to me. Considering they usually release polished games that control well... well, we will wait and see.

They say Animal Crossing will interact with other (console?) versions of the game. Maybe this is Nintendo's new gimic fo NX? A traditional console (with a traditional controller hopefully) that connects to smartphones through an app (apps?) to use it as a second screen or touch controls or whatever? I'd go for it.
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:40 pm Reply with quote
If that means we might get a new Animal Crossing for the NX to go along with the app then I say bring it on! Very Happy
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:01 pm Reply with quote
They should make Fire Emblem a full-fledged FTP mobile game.
Same gameplay. Same level up system. Same weapon triangle. Same stats.

And then they should name it Phantom of Kill and... oh wait-
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
stowrag wrote:
Personally, I've never really been comfortable with virtual touch screen joysticks/dpads. A tactics game like FE and a casual game like Animal Crossing makes much more sense to me. Considering they usually release polished games that control well... well, we will wait and see.

Personally, it's something that I got used to pretty quickly when playing the mobile version of Sonic CD. Then again, I seem to have taken to the Wii's motion controls unusually quickly too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1