• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Masamune-kun's Revenge Manga Gets TV Anime Adaptation

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:58 am Reply with quote
I just literally read a chapter of this series a few hours ago today lol

The story isn't impressive imo but has some funny moments. Visual looks okayish so far I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:08 am Reply with quote
Fab news, had my eye on this series for a while and this announcement gives me just the push I need to start reading it. The plot sounds like my cup of tea but it was the girl who drew my attention to it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:42 am Reply with quote
I like the manga, specifically the art. Though I wonder if it might not be so well received since it's about a guy spoiler[trying to woo a girl just so he can publicly humiliate her.]
GoldenKey_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:02 am Reply with quote
At the start the story was pretty good, but it gets worse as it goes on. Kinda letdown this manga has becomed
pikrodafni

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:12 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
I like the manga, specifically the art. Though I wonder if it might not be so well received since it's about a guy spoiler[trying to woo a girl just so he can publicly humiliate her.]

It would be if the girl in question was sympathetic to the readers but she's so bitchy most of the time that I honestly think she's had it coming(not that I think it will actually happen)
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
Looks like something A-1 pictures would animate.
Zaig

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
GoldenKey_ wrote:
At the start the story was pretty good, but it gets worse as it goes on. Kinda letdown this manga has becomed

I started this manga last week, and these are my exact thoughts as well.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
I had this one on my Want to Read list for quite some time, but I kept putting it off since I saw a lot of comments on how the series becomes trope-y and predictable like most rom-com manga nowadays.
Nice Tea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
Read this one, boring and uninspired...
A bunch of mediocre/average/unknown/new mangas are getting anime adaptations lately, while other really good/very popular/highly demanded get nothing.

I'm curious to know how and who decides anime adaptations, this should make an interesting article ANN. Or has it been done already and I missed it?
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
Nice Tea wrote:
Read this one, boring and uninspired...
A bunch of mediocre/average/unknown/new mangas are getting anime adaptations lately, while other really good/very popular/highly demanded get nothing.

I'm curious to know how and who decides anime adaptations, this should make an interesting article ANN. Or has it been done already and I missed it?

From what I've seen its usually the producers at companies such as Aniplex that get the adaptation rights and they then bring it to a studio. I know that that's how A1 and SHAFT get alot of their projects anyhow.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
I'll watch this for Yoshino. No other reason.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:01 pm Reply with quote
That was unexpected. A little while ago I had a discussion with a friend about manga that might deserve to get animated. This one came up, as GN#1 just came out. We both agreed that there was no chance.

Well. Seems we both didn't take lessons from history, and forgot that many times the inexplicable happens and stuff that doesn't deserve it gets animated.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm gonna avoid this like the plague. Sounds like a lot of toxic and mean-spiritedness trying to pass off as comedy, with a side dish of awful attitudes towards women
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:21 pm Reply with quote
Looks like a pretty good story. Different from the usual "Nice MC meets the Nice Heroine".
The 2 main characters seems far from be good persons, at least apparently.

CrowLia wrote:
Yeah, I'm gonna avoid this like the plague. Sounds like a lot of toxic and mean-spiritedness trying to pass off as comedy, with a side dish of awful attitudes towards women

I remember last time this sentences came about a anime (KonoSuba) and remember how that ended, one of the best and funniest anime of that season. Try watch first before make a opinion.

Sometimes i watched anime with pretty bad rep and was very good, and also watched anime with pretty good rep and dropped it. I prefer watch first before have a concrete opinion about something.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Yeah very typical anime we will get instead of quality one.
Netoge was so boring and I got a feeling that this one will be too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2