• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - My Heavenly Chevalier

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone even read Aria?

I saw KUROHIME on the shelf and thought it was the next version of Claymore. (never read it) but it looks like a copy. I read the back and decided not to pick up.

The covers of LE CHEVALIER D'EON looks so scary.

Oretama looks funny as hell. I wonder how many thought bubbles or speak clouds come from his pants? And I wonder if they somehow show her inside of them. LOL.
I defintly want to read it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:33 pm Reply with quote
What the hell is up with Aqua's logo? Looks like some type of shampoo marketed at children. I should probably just be happy that its getting published in English.

And I kind of agree with My Balls being a bit of a guilty pleasure. It doesn't make bad-taste an art form like Boku to Issho does, but good for an occasional cheap laugh.
1stAgent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:11 am Reply with quote
I laughed when I saw Iketeru Futari up there. I watched the anime once, thinking it would be a short little guilty pleasure. Guilty- yes, pleasure- no. Pretty much everything in the manga review applies to the anime. I remember there being a little bit of plot/pathos late, but that was probably me pretending to care about the characters to feel like I wasn't wasting my time.

Good opening song though. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Kurohime's alright, if you're willing to accept a Japanese author swiping characters from Wizard of Oz and the Disney Little Mermaid.

As for 'My Balls", I've been reading the scantalated version[which is rare for hentai manga, since I usually just skip to the good parts], and it's hilarious, but I'd imagine the only way they'll release it here is if someone suddenly decides to license the Goldenboy manga, since they have similar approaches to comedy.
LadySage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
Is Aqua just Aria repackaged by Tokyopop?

I saw the Iketeru Futari anime, and it was right up there with Amazing Nurse Nanako for the worst series I've ever seen.
nishime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:49 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Oretama looks funny as hell. I wonder how many thought bubbles or speak clouds come from his pants? And I wonder if they somehow show her inside of them. LOL.

I want to know how Kohta reacted to the news that the Queen of Terror was stuck in there. Also how they convinced him that someone that small could do any damage at all. Because he's got to be right behind the idea that a) she's dangerous and b) he has to do everything in his power to keep her from getting out, presumably short of castration, for the premise to work.

"Well, which one is she imprisoned in? Can't we just cut that one off? Problem solved." pause for thought "I can live with just one... probably. We can get a prostetic put in, right?" "Or how about if I just do it into a vat of liquid nitrogen, that'll work, won't it?"
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
nishime wrote:
britannicamoore wrote:

I want to know how Kohta reacted to the news that the Queen of Terror was stuck in there. Also how they convinced him that someone that small could do any damage at all. Because he's got to be right behind the idea that a) she's dangerous and b) he has to do everything in his power to keep her from getting out, presumably short of castration, for the premise to work.

"Well, which one is she imprisoned in? Can't we just cut that one off? Problem solved." pause for thought "I can live with just one... probably. We can get a prostetic put in, right?" "Or how about if I just do it into a vat of liquid nitrogen, that'll work, won't it?"

If I was the demon who came to rescue her my thoughts would be: "Didn't this kid have alone time in when he was younger?"

Or maybe it doesn't work quite like that. Maybe i'll jump on the scans of this. or use it to practice reading charcters. lol.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:58 am Reply with quote
I was surprised to see that Kurohime has been licensed and is now out. I'd been following it through the Chinese versions of the manga and though I agree with the reviewer that it's lack luster for a fantasy story and a bit cheezy at times, I nevertheless find Kurohime and Zero's relationship rather endearing (especially later on in the series). Very Happy

As for My Balls...all I can say is wow. I can't believe someone was crack enough to come up with this. Who would've thought one guy's testicles would determine the fate of the world. Rolling Eyes
Grico

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote
LadySage wrote:
Is Aqua just Aria repackaged by Tokyopop?

Nope, its a prequel series. Aria is a sequel of it.
Pelianth
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:48 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
What the hell is up with Aqua's logo? Looks like some type of shampoo marketed at children. I should probably just be happy that its getting published in English.

Tokyopop's "We-Can-Make-Everything-Better!" marketing department strikes again. And we lose the logo that's been on every single other AQUA release ever (including *both* Japanese releases) in order to satisfy someone's ego. Razz Expect ARIA's logo to go the same way. (I was also informed that it (the AQUA logo) looks like a slightly modified version of the font used on the Gundam Official website. Anime hyper)
Ryllharu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:32 am Reply with quote
Why did it have to be Tokyopop that licensed Aria and now the prequel Aqua? From their "limited release special" licenses, to quite possibly the worst publisher site in the history of the internet, everything they touch turns slowly into garbage, no matter how wonderful it was before.
Lyrai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am Reply with quote
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

All three Aria books from ADV sit in my shelf. I love the series. So calm and charming.

But I severely dislike Tokyopop.

But I love Aria.

But I hate Tokyopop.
TheoryGirl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:19 am Reply with quote
britannicamoore wrote:
Did anyone even read Aria?

I did. And it was because my boyfriend read the series and fell in love with it, so he gave me the volumes to read, too. (We were in our "force our interests on each other" phase at the time, which is also what lead to our huge fight over Princess Tutu, which was partly Answerman's fault, but I'm not going into that now).

I just wish that I'd know about Aqua coming out sooner (like two weeks ago), then I could have gotten it for his birthday. Ah well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:31 am Reply with quote
Ryllharu wrote:
Why did it have to be Tokyopop that licensed Aria and now the prequel Aqua? From their "limited release special" licenses, to quite possibly the worst publisher site in the history of the internet, everything they touch turns slowly into garbage, no matter how wonderful it was before.

The market disagrees. Cry more.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:35 am Reply with quote
Finally, Aqua is out!!

Took them forever. I've been wanting to read Aqua and finish Aria for the longest time. Too bad it's TOKYOPOP, though, becuause the quality will be so-so. I agree with Kagemusha, what's up with the logo?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2