• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Regalia Anime Halts Broadcast After Episode 4, Will Restart Airing in September

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Videogamep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
That's pretty strange. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing happening before?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeesh, has this type of hiatus ever happened before this early in the season?! Shocked
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Jeez. Moved to the next cour after four episodes? Even Jiggly Jiggly Heaven wasn't on that level.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:06 pm Reply with quote
It is hard to spin what is clearly bad news.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Wow that didn't see them doing this before I wonder if becuase of the olympics
ETX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:

If I remember correctly, God Eater had something similar where the overall production quality wasn't up to Ufotable's standard and they delayed a couple episodes twice and replaced them with documentary-based episodes about the show's production instead.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the decision. I want the world to see the greatness that is Ingrid by showing her in the highest quality ever. With that said...onward to the BD's.

So will they just re-air episode 1-4 again until September 1? Hmm....
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:

While Girls & Panzer (also by actas) and God Eater (by ufotable) were delayed, it was announced late in the broadcast cycle, where it was pretty obvious that a delay was inevitable.

Here, on the other hand, it comes rather unexpectedly, with only 4 episodes to show...

Best of luck to the creators.
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:43 pm Reply with quote
It is kind of funny, but now I want to go watch the show to determine any 'disparities' for myself...marketing in of itself. If it does manage to come back in September, the stakes will be higher and the staff better deliver some sweet bells and whistles. How dedicated is the fanbase for this show? As I said, I haven't watched it, but hopefully expectations will be met.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Wtf? I really enjoyed this so far...I saw no major problems :\. Oh well....If it makes a better show it end. Gonna miss those cuter lolis for now tho Sad
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Videogamep wrote:

Only kinda sorta. I know that the original Gundam was actually canned pretty early on but thanks to the merch sales it was brought back to finish a shortened run than it was originally planned for. Dunno if this is just PR puff by them to be like "it's totally not canceled guys" but will delay it and then can it like the Railwars vita game.
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Usagi-kun wrote:
It is kind of funny, but now I want to go watch the show to determine any 'disparities' for myself...marketing in of itself. If it does manage to come back in September, the stakes will be higher and the staff better deliver some sweet bells and whistles. How dedicated is the fanbase for this show? As I said, I haven't watched it, but hopefully expectations will be met.

Ep3 I felt had a pretty good drop in quality over all but nothing that I would have seen as halting the show to get their shit straightened out over.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Not a great sign, but better they take their time and get it to the level they want than release something poor quality now. God Eater was delayed too but mainly because they used up too much time on shorter delays in the season and ran out of time in the season. The TV stations can't just push back the stuff premiering the next season, so if a show goes into overtime, it has to be at least the next season after that or just before it at best.

I can only wonder what the fourth episode looks like that they quit this early. Won't have to wait long though. Thursdays are about to get lighter for me
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
Quite interesting choice although it might not sound good but on other hand its kinda good news because this kinda promises then that we will get a better quality instead of some half-ass done job as we often see sometimes when sudenly at some episodes the quality drops quite nicely....
Also i wonder if they will remake the 1st 4episodes that will be out would kinda wanna compare it then too see the difference since they will start airing it from the 1st episode in fall makes me kinda guess that they might redo some stuff right from the 1st episode.
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 am Reply with quote
I feel bummed. I was digging the show. Oh well, take your time. also waited for God Eater and Blood Blockade Battlefront/Kekkai Sensen, so...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3