• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End on August 22 With 'Important Announcement'

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
As much as nice as it is to see the conclusion of it all, all this in the final arc leading all the way to the end seemed totally underwhelming. Almost like how Naruto kinda was toward the end.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:44 am Reply with quote
I'll keep my hopes low for the return of the anime. Well, it ends 15 years and 2 weeks after it began.
Ahmazein

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
So 2 chapters to wrap things up...eh still not enough I think. But also, if i recall, theres a break next week for it from what I heard else where.

But I do wonder what this announcement is going to be.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
Im putting my money on the return of the anime that will cover the last arc without any fillers.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
*fingers crossed for a Bleach final act anime, and expecting haters to call us delusional for liking the series (like why does that bother some people?)
Jon Frey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:52 am Reply with quote
Hopefully it will be about the anime returning and would really like to see the final arc animaded
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Here's hoping the "Important Announcement" is that the Bleach Anime will finally return to finish off the rest of the manga. Cool
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:59 am Reply with quote
All I can hope for is opening color pages and an extended chapter like a 15-y-o series deserves for its finale. Would be great if it got a new anime, or maybe a sort of sequel-like serialization -maybe in GIGA or any of Jump's sister magazines- to wrap things up, but I think it's more likely that they're making announcements about the musical, which just recently opened and is apparently being very successful
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:17 am Reply with quote
Best case scenario: Anime announcement.

Worst case scenario: "Bleach: ReBirth" starts in a couple of weeks.
Nakurawari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:23 am Reply with quote
The big announcement is probably one of four things:
1. A live action movie
2. An anime movie
3. An anime sequel
4. A manga sequel in Jump+ or something.

I personally think it's an anime movie. As much as I'd like a second season of the anime, I just don't see it. I'd love to be proved wrong though. I also hope it's not a manga sequel. I'd rather Kubo work on something else.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
All I can hope for is opening color pages and an extended chapter like a 15-y-o series deserves for its finale. Would be great if it got a new anime, or maybe a sort of sequel-like serialization -maybe in GIGA or any of Jump's sister magazines- to wrap things up, but I think it's more likely that they're making announcements about the musical, which just recently opened and is apparently being very successful

if it's another musical then I'm flipping my desk
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:50 am Reply with quote
A reboot that greatly improves the series and builds on its strengths instead of being dragged down by its weaknesses. It will be a blank sheet of paper.

Seriously though, if at some point in the future Kubo (with help) streamlined the series and tied everything up, it might not leave such a bad taste in everyones' mouths.

No matter the ending, it'll probably taste like...well, bleach.

I need to run through it again (exactly what chapter/episode did I stop at? ugh) but I seem to have noticed that the actual job of a Shinigami (hunting Hollows) kinda fell by the wayside. Sure, superextraspecialmegadexluehollowthingies were being fought, but was any mention made of "street-level" hollows? Then again, such things were probably happening in the background with other SS members not fighting Aizen.

I blazed through until Aizen was defeated, so I've been out of the loop since the K-T extinction event.
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 am Reply with quote
Bleach Ultimate.

Like Hellsing Ultimate - a bunch of high quality OVAs covering the entirety of Bleach and trimming out the fat.

Maybe even properly take into account stuff Kubo couldn't include, didn't explain or just dropped the ball on. There's room for liberties if they can improve on it.

But well I'm just wishfully thinking...

ZodiacBeast wrote:
I need to run through it again (exactly what chapter/episode did I stop at? ugh) but I seem to have noticed that the actual job of a Shinigami (hunting Hollows) kinda fell by the wayside. Sure, superextraspecialmegadexluehollowthingies were being fought, but was any mention made of "street-level" hollows? Then again, such things were probably happening in the background with other SS members not fighting Aizen.

I honestly thought we'd get to go to Hell at one point.

Remember that?

That sweet moment when that gate opened and that giant hand came out and pierced that hollow who couldn't be cleansed?

What a tease! So much Bleach lore that we won't get any insight upon.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/bleach/images/a/a5/Ep5GatesOfHell.png/revision/latest?cb=20150309021148&path-prefix=en

Well, I guess there was that movie...
TrueZangetsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:18 am Reply with quote
Bring back the anime.
Leave out unimportant stuff Kubo decided to put into his Manga.
Leave out the few hated fight sequences or shorten them
LET TITE KUBO WRITE AN ORIGINAL ENDING THAT ISN'T RUSHED.
do this and we can forgive what has happened lately. Do it.

Anime back. Only acceptable thing.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:46 am Reply with quote
At most, it's an announcement for a movie. I can't see him getting anything more than that at the moment. If it is for a new series, I hope it has nothing to do with Bleach, and I hope he's learned how to move a plot (though I doubt that last part will happen).

At any rate, the 22nd is only a little ways off, so we'll find out soon enough.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6