• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Aug 5-11

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised by the huge drop 91 Days had with that B-movie nonsense in the last episode.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
Not surprised by the huge drop 91 Days had with that B-movie nonsense in the last episode.

This is before that episode's ratings have even been factored in, actually. So this drop is just from the prelude to that where they all START making plans with Fango, not the end result of the plan yet.
CheezcakeMe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Gah, 91 Days. The show I wished I liked and tried really hard to like but just isn't doing it for me and I can't pinpoint why.
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

Personally, I thought the QUALITY was responsible for the drop more than anything else.
RoamFree

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Yep, I knew the reveal in the beginning of LL!SS!! Ep. 6 would cause a big drop in the rankings. But at least the series itself is still in the top 20 and the next episode might help it get back near the top 10, if not in it.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:18 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:

This is before that episode's ratings have even been factored in, actually. So this drop is just from the prelude to that where they all START making plans with Fango, not the end result of the plan yet.

Totally forgot that it was for the episode before that one! Am sure it's going to drop even further considering it was the worse written and animated so far ( the show was never a looker though).
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, a part of me is curious if Arslan is getting any better. I dropped it before due to lackluster visuals and being boring, but the rankings on it are pretty good. Then again, it's probably only those who are still hanging around watching it doing the rankings...so it probably seems better than it is. Maybe someday I'll revisit it. I like the manga!

Anyways, for me Alderamin has been the biggest personal surprise in what I'm liking. I've been enjoying it way more than I expected to - are we SURE it's based on a LN? lol.

My other current favs are Cheer Boys, DAYs, Orange, and Zestria. Nice to see some of those doing alright Smile
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:35 pm Reply with quote
On 91 Days, these sort of weeks are why I check raw ratings as well as the rankings. Yes it dropped 8 spots to 15 but it still scored a 4.2. It was a weaker episode but it was far from horrible. I think this says most about how competitive the middle of the pack is. 20(!) of the reviewed series this season scored over 4 out of 5 or Very Good in qualitative terms, which is exactly 2/3 of the reviewed series and around half or so of currently airing shows. And this is a weak season?!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I can see why Zesti- I mean Tales of Not-Zestiria-Buy-This-New-Game-Please dropped that much.

And I guess planetarian really is going to just hang in there, awkwardly, for the rest of the season, huh?
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:

Hum just dropped the show, guess I didn't miss anything. I mean if there going to make Fango an even more important character that was bound to happen.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:22 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Yeah I can see why Zesti- I mean Tales of Not-Zestiria-Buy-This-New-Game-Please dropped that much.

While I can see why it dropped in the rankings so much as well, the raw ratings for Zestiria only dropped from 4.4 to 4.2. As I said earlier, the sheer number of shows between 4.2 and 4.5 really exaggerated the drops of a few shows, Zestiria included. And really, the story is not the main reason why it is so highly rated in the first place. It's where it is because it is the best looking show of the season (and one of the best looking so far this year), and switching to Berseria didn't change that aspect. Mind you the plot and characterization is by no means bad, it's just typical JRPG fare.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 am Reply with quote
Sadly, I had to drop Zestria because I am afraid it'll spoil the game for me. Sad
Siddharth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:26 am Reply with quote
Why Macross Delta is not in ranking?
partially

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:32 am Reply with quote
Because everyone rated it so poorly it fell off the bottom?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:52 am Reply with quote
Siddharth wrote:
Why Macross Delta is not in ranking?

Because it wasn't voted in for the weekly reviews. There's no viewer data on it to input.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3